    do next if the MCSD gets expired

    Thanks & Regards

    Elamaran

    Elamaran, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Can u please
    I look into my crystal ball, I see..... gas prices coming down, higher
    inflation, higher unemployment, San Diego Padres winning the world
    series....
    Tricky one, here's a clue: -

    IT'S NOT ON THE IBM WEBSITE.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 14, 2004

  3. In 1c6f401c45241$15d50390$,

    Hi Elamaran,
    The MCP exams for Visual Studio 6 will no longer be available after June 30.
    That means you will no longer be able to get an MCSD for VS6, but if you
    already have this certification then you will continue to be certified.
    The MCP exams for Visual Studio .NET will continue to be live after June 30
    and you will be able to get the MCSD certification you are interested in for
    as long as those exams are available. Microsoft retires exams as the
    technology they are tied to becomes out-of-date but I've seen exams for
    several versions of software that are all available at the same time.

    Best of luck!

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Elamaran

    Guest Guest

    I just passed the 70-156 exam and am wondering if I would qualify for the MSCD designation if I were to pass 70-155 before the retirement date then passed 70-100 and an elective after retirement date at the end of June...any clue?

    By the way the study guide helped alot, thanks.

    Rick Champe MCP

    Guest, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Elamaran

    Me2 Guest

    70-100 will be retired as of June 30th, so you will not have the opportunity
    to take that exam after June 30th.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp

    Additionally, you need to understand what the initials in the certification
    moniker mean. There is no Microsoft certification MSCD, the certification
    acronym is:
    MCSD - Microsoft Certified Solution Developer.

    Ralph Page
    MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
    "Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
    distinctive,
    and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
    -- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays

    Me2, Jun 18, 2004
  6. In news: ,

    Hi Rick,
    Ralph's already answered this one.
    I'm glad! Thank you for your kind words.

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 19, 2004
  7. Elamaran

    Anil Jaswal Guest

    MCSD for .net is not expiring after June 2004 only some
    older MCSD exams for v6 are gettting expired by June 30,
    2004

    Anil Jaswal, Jun 23, 2004