    could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
    what's the best route?

    Thanks ina advance

    southsider, Jul 20, 2007

  2. southsider

    Neil Guest

    well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007

  3. southsider

    John R Guest

    Congrats on the MCSA:M.

    The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see yourself?

    MCSA is System Administrator, that is implement/manage/maintain.
    MCSE is System Engineer, that is design/plan/implement.

    If you do not design/plan/implement, and you don't see yourself doing that,
    then MCSE would only be beneficial to satisfy some employers unreasonable
    expectations. On the other hand, if that is where you are now or where you
    want to go, then MCSE would be a very reasonable goal.

    As to how to get there, you need 70-293, 70-294, and a design elective
    (normally 70-297 or 70-298). This assumes that you used 70-284 for your
    MCSA:M which would fulfill the MCSE open elective. If you want to get to
    MCSE:M, then you would also need 70-285.

    You can review all of the requirements here...

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.mspx

    John R

    John R, Jul 20, 2007
  4. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?

    Weird.

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  5. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    "John R" <jsr^^^[email protected]^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in

    I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  6. southsider

    CBIC Guest

    Lowering your expectations.

    CBIC, Jul 20, 2007
  7. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Nope. Not an option. I shoot for the moon and at least land among the
    stars.

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  8. southsider

    Neil Guest

    You're blonde, aren't you...

    *shakes head and walks away*

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007
  9. southsider

    Neil Guest

    how much lower do you want her to get?

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007
  10. southsider

    Jtyc Guest

    I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title "Emperor
    of the Known Universe".

    Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?

    Jtyc, Jul 20, 2007
  11. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    How'd you know?? *looks for camera*

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  12. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    I get all the chocolate.

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  13. southsider

    Neil Guest

    yeah that's it, look this way...

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  14. southsider

    Neil Guest

    belgian or swiss?

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  15. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    What part of ALL do you not understand????

    catwalker63, Jul 21, 2007
  16. southsider

    Neil Guest

    all of it

    and how does that work with your diabetes?

    - I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
    public.

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  17. southsider

    John R Guest

    Then you would want to earn the MCURG certification. Micorosoft Certified
    Universe Ruling Godess.

    I hear there is a *special* testing path for that :) Unfortunately, these
    tests are only available at Prometric, so I guess that eliminates you :(

    John R

    John R, Jul 21, 2007
  18. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil piffled away vaguely:
    You had to bring that up. Works OK as long as I don't eat it ALL at
    once.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 22, 2007
  19. southsider

    Neil Guest

    so that's your idea of a balanced diet?

    (and no, I did not tickle the sig monster)

    Neil, Jul 23, 2007
  20. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Nope. Nachos and diet Cherry Coke.