    Best regards,
    John Navas
    Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

    John Navas, Nov 17, 2007

  2. John Navas wrote:
    > I've now found what would seem to be the definitive story.
    > The original page is missing (for the moment at least),
    > but is archived at

    <http://web.archive.org/web/20070624160310/http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/globa
    l/lumix/popup/behind_the_scenes/vol3.html>
    > or <http://tinyurl.com/3ble8x>
    > In short:
    > * Lumix Leica lenses are designed by Panasonic
    > * Designs are reviewed and accepted or rejected by Leica
    > * Leica demands Leica level performance for acceptance
    > * Leica specifies manufacturing quality control
    > * Lumix Leica lenses exhibit Leica level performance
    > I personally think that makes them "real" Leica lenses,
    > but as always, YMMV.

    As with cars and laptops, you don't know where they are made, but the badge
    on them is, and always should be, a guarantee of top quality workmanship and
    superior design technology.

    DP

    Dennis Pogson, Nov 18, 2007