    your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your
    computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning
    properly

    detap, Feb 24, 2008

  2. detap

    Butch Haynes Guest

    You need to install the driver for the sound card...

    Butch Haynes, Feb 24, 2008

  3. detap

    Fred Kasner Guest

    I'll second that opinion. When I had to reinstall my OS the sound did
    not work until I installed the proper driver. Your installation disks
    should have the necessary driver for the sound card.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Feb 24, 2008
  4. detap

    Evan Platt Guest

    Same as the last time you asked.

    From: "detap" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: sound don't work
    Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:30:50 -0800

    Evan Platt, Feb 24, 2008
  5. detap

    detap Guest

    I did install the sound card

    detap, Feb 25, 2008
  6. detap

    ProfGene Guest

    Did you reinstall all the motherboard drivers after you reformatted?
    That is if you are using the sound chip on the motherboard. Otherwise if
    you are using a sound card you have to reinstall the drivers for it.

    ProfGene, Feb 27, 2008