    instead?Isopropyl alcohol?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff M. Ingram, Mar 6, 2004

  2. Jeff M. Ingram

    Unk Guest

    Yes. For scratches, try Brasso.

    Another quick way is to breathe a cloud of steam onto the CD, like the way
    you clean your glasses, then rub the CD off on your T-shirt.

    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Oaks/1079/artcdroms.html

    Unk, Mar 6, 2004

  3. What I have done in the past is using warm water and a lite dish soap and
    wash them all off dry and thrm put away. Worked well. Anything corrosive or
    that will damage plastic I would avoid. Water that is too hot will warp a CD
    BTW I took an old CD-R that was scratched and the braso worked well.
    What I do is get my software ,make a copy first them put the original back
    in the box and put on the shelf and use the copy.

    cds/dvds?

    mmcpherson0563, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Jeff M. Ingram

    Phil Guest

    While cleaning CDs we even try water. However, the trick is to apply
    pressure on all CDs including games, audio and DVD. Using bare hand it
    nearly impossible.

    I just purchase a device that does that. I couln't believe the results. In
    facts, device also remove all kind of scratches and it make those CD brand
    new. It can be purchase at Electronique Boutique or at follow website:

    http://www.skipdoctor.com/

    Once again it is the perfect device so give a try and see for yourself.

    Phil

    Phil, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Jeff M. Ingram

    Richard Guest

    I use "dawn" dish cleaner for the grease cutting.
    Gets rid of fingerprints real nice.

    Richard, Mar 6, 2004