    Toolman Tim Guest

    I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    ...... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005

  2. LOL! Thanks for the <g>

    ITSO azionista, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim

    philo Guest

    I have an acer that ran ok off the supply (no batteries in the machine)
    I guess you could try it and see.

    philo, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  5. So you're asking if it's safe for your laptop or safe for your lap? :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim

    Render Me Guest

    try Duralast from Autozone ;-)

    Render Me, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I'm at an age where I no longer worry much about the 'lap' issues <g>

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim

    Whiskers Guest

    I did that with my HP for a while, and had no problems. I have heard that
    some machines don't like it though. One problem might be the 'BIOS'
    settings being forgotten if the data is stored on RAM that needs a voltage
    to be present all the time and there isn't a back-up battery, or the
    back-up battery fails.

    Another problem is that the open screen unbalances the machine when the
    batteries are removed, making it more likely to fall off your lap. Which
    could prove expensive.

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005
  9. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - done that once already. But it's not that off balance.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Toolman Tim

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Although the operator is another issue...

    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  11. Toolman Tim

    Trax Guest

    |> I just took both batteries out of my laptop, and boy is that a load off my
    |>..... ummm.... errr.....uh...never mind.

    My Mom has run her Sony Vaio laptop without a battery from day one,
    and it works for her. I don't know why, I think she protecting the
    battery.

    She treats it like a desktop and never moved, so the weight
    distribution has never been a problem.

    Trax, Sep 5, 2005
  12. Toolman Tim

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Really? It works for her?
    You should know why.
    So just how fat is she?

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  13. Toolman Tim

    Whiskers Guest

    Never underestimate the power of a Mom ;))
    Re-chargeable batteries last longer if they are occasionally used and
    re-charged.
    If she's on a drip feed, she might have lost very little weight. Being
    motionless conserves energy - although it does limit what you can get out
    of a standard computer, even if it's plugged in ...

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005