  1. geermeister

    geermeister Guest

    Is it safe to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 yet?

    geermeister, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Only if you have XP installed.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Jun 15, 2005

  3. geermeister

    geermeister Guest

    No I mean have they fixed XP2 so all the complaints people have had
    about it are gone? I'm avoiding installation until I'm sure it won't
    make things worse rather than better.

    geermeister, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Yes, it's very safe to install it now. We highly recommend to use the
    Service Pak 2, as your system will run better then ever before. One thing:
    if you have a pirated copy of XP, you might get into trouble. Our advice is:
    if you heve a pirated copy, DO NOT install Service Pak 2.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Jun 15, 2005
  5. geermeister

    geermeister Guest

    I appreciate it Frank.

    Just for safe measure, can anyone respond who is not affiliated with
    Microsoft?

    D.

    geermeister, Jun 15, 2005
  6. geermeister

    philo Guest

    yes

    sp2 *usually* presents no problems
    you will be better off with it

    philo, Jun 15, 2005
  7. geermeister

    Mellowed Guest

    I don't have a problem with SP2. After your update, go online and also
    complete a Windows Update.

    : I appreciate it Frank.
    :

    Mellowed, Jun 15, 2005
  8. geermeister

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jun 15, 2005
  9. geermeister

    Pat Guest

    I installed it when it first came out and have never had any problems with
    it. Maybe I was lucky.

    Pat, Jun 15, 2005
  10. geermeister

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I have never had any problems with any MS update or Service pack since
    win95. Call it luck but when I go to Vegas I come home broke.

    pcbutts1, Jun 15, 2005
  11. geermeister

    doS Guest

    LOL.......

    doS, Jun 15, 2005
  12. geermeister

    doS Guest

    HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    doS, Jun 15, 2005
  13. geermeister

    Bill Gates Guest

    I concur with Frank, no preferences here...........

    Bill Gates, Jun 15, 2005
  14. You're welcome, as always.
    You might have noticed, from the other poasts, that installing Service Pak 2
    will enhance your OS.

    Glad to be of any help.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Jun 15, 2005
  15. geermeister

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Frank is not affiliated with MS. You must be new, his only advice when he
    posts is always to install SP2.

    pcbutts1, Jun 15, 2005
  16. geermeister

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Jim Byrd, Jun 15, 2005
  17. commented courteously...
    Who cares? The motto of the NRA applies here,
    metaphorically: "you'll only pry SP1 out of the cold
    fingers of my dead hand!"

    Rock on M$! I'm done doing your beta testing on my
    nickel.

    All Things Mopar, Jun 15, 2005
  18. Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV commented courteously...
    What a surprise! An MVP hawking his wares! You're /so/ credible!

    All Things Mopar, Jun 15, 2005
  19. Mellowed commented courteously...
    Mellowed, the /big/ issue is for people, like me, that
    have legacy apps for which there is no SP2-compatible
    fix as the company has gone out-of-business. So, until
    Bill Gates figures a way to force me to take his crap,
    I'd rather keep the apps I have then to go belly up.

    An example is M$'s own MS Office 97, in a perverse way.
    Yes, there's an SP for Office under XP SP2, but you
    /must/ install all the preceding SPs. I've not been able
    to get even Office SP2 to install correctly on my
    current machine, nor could I when I was still on Win 98.

    All Things Mopar, Jun 15, 2005
  20. Jim Byrd commented courteously...
    So, tell me, Jim, if SP2 is (now?) so good, why must I
    be careful at all? Shouldn't well-behaved software
    protect me even from myself?

    All Things Mopar, Jun 15, 2005