Is it possible to search for posts in usenet? (refer battery holders)_

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by John S, Jun 16, 2013.

  1. John S

    John S Guest

    Recently I read a post here from someone looking for round battery holders
    for three AA cells.

    Tried to find the post using google but go no results searching for battery
    holder in nz.comp. In fact, if I include the term site:nz.comp google won't
    come up with a result for any search.

    I use eternal september for usenet - couldn't see any reference to
    searching usenet on their web site. Tried using google to find comments
    about searching usenet. Found some "NZB" sites, but they don't list
    nz.comp.

    (I bet google are still sucking in all the information on usenet, but no
    longer making it available by search)

    Is there no longer any way to search for usenet posts?

    Anyway, there is a round battery holder for 3 x AA batteries here:-

    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Series-Connection-3xAA-Round-Type-4-5v-2A-Bat
    tery-Holder-LED-Electric-Torch-Flashlight-Cell-Box/844736123.html

    (But you have to buy 40 of them for US$32.16 per lot with free shipping)

    There was also some comment about intelligent battery chargers.

    Someone referred to this one at Jaycar for $99.90:-

    http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=MB3632&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=998#12

    But there's one which appears to be the same item from aliexpress for
    US$24.29

    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...igital-Battery-Balance-Charger/907227605.html

    and another one I thought looked interesting for charging general portable
    tools at US$18.50:-

    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newe...th-open-design-connector-board/893103097.html

    (Just in case anyone who was following the thread is interested).

    Cheers,

    John S

    John S, Jun 16, 2013

  2. John S

    Gordon Guest

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/nz.comp

    From 2001, not waht you are looking for though.

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fr...ry$20holders/nz.comp/JCZk_apWN00/rMFn6TCtMCQJ,
    No, as shown above. Yes?

    Gordon, Jun 16, 2013

  3. John S

    Ralph Fox Guest

    FYI that post was in nz.tech

    The search term would be group:nz.tech, not site:nz.tech. This term only
    works in Google _groups_ search, not in Google _web_ search.

    This is what a Google _groups_ search of nz.tech might look like.
    Results: http://groups.google.com/groups/sea...ch=groups.google.com&as_ugroup=nz.tech&num=30
    Search form: http://groups.google.com/groups/adv...gle.com&q=battery+holder+group:nz.tech&num=30

    This is what a Google _web_ search of (all of) Google groups might look like.
    http://www.google.co.nz/#q="battery+holder"+site:groups.google.com

    ( At one time one could narrow down a Google _web_ search of Google Groups
    to an individual group on Google Groups. This does not work any more.
    The search used to be like this...
    http://www.google.co.nz/#q="battery+holder"+site:groups.google.com+inurl:nz.tech )

    Ralph Fox, Jun 16, 2013
  4. John S

    ~misfit~ Guest

    As Ralph said the post was in nz.tech - I posted the thread starter. Thanks
    for the links. :)

    [snips]
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Jun 16, 2013
  5. John S

    John S Guest

    snip ..

    Thanks, that gives me what I was looking for. Takes me to the Google groups
    page for nz.comp, and when I type something (**) in the search box, the
    first item listed in the drop-down box says "search for ** in nz.comp"

    Education much appreciated.

    Cheers,

    John S

    John S, Jun 17, 2013
  6. John S

    John S Guest

    Many thanks. Will save this post also for future reference.

    Cheers,

    John S

    John S, Jun 17, 2013