Is it possible to have two VPNs share the same IP address on pix 501

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by awade, May 10, 2006.

  1. awade

    awade Guest

    OK... here is the situation... now I know that this is probably not
    recomended, but here we go:

    Current situation - I have a PIX 501 6.3(1) that has a VPN setup,
    PPTP, to allow incoming traffic from our remote office. There are only
    3 users at the office and this seems to work fine.

    My boss has purchased a new phone, Cingular 8125 - running Windows
    Mobile 5, that he would like to connect back to our office via the
    Cingular EDGE network (GPRS) to connet to our IBM mainframe. We got
    his phone to connect to our VPN, but connection into our network has
    been real flaky when we try and use our TN3270 terminal software for
    him to connect to our VSE mainframe... or even using simple telnet
    software to connect to the Unix host. Most of the time you get no
    connection... 1 time out of 20 you'll get a good VPN connection that
    will allow any connectivity (Either Telnet or TN3270).

    He would like to connect back to our network using IPSec instead of
    PPTP since he can find a more robust VPN clients for his phone that use
    IPSec than PPTP. The thought is let's see if its a Cingular network
    problem, which they say it is not, or if its a problem with our VPN.
    Obviously, I don't want to change up the way our PIX is setup just to
    test his phone... but if I can ADD a second VPN, on the same IP address
    mind you, using a different VPN setup then why not.

    So is it possible to setup two seperate VPNs, one IPSec and one PPTP,
    on the same IP address to allow connectivity back into our network on a
    PIX 501 version 6.3(1)?

    Thanks in advance for any and all who reply.

    -andrew

    awade, May 10, 2006

  2. awade

    Merv Guest