    is it possible to burn a DVD-R disc onto a DVD+R with a DVD+R burner? and if
    so? how?

    (Sorry for the long post)

    Dr Nick, Oct 17, 2006

  2. Dr Nick

    Baron Guest

    Have you tried copying it to your hard drive and then burning from
    there! Unless there is a size issue I don't see any reason why it
    cannot be done!

    Baron, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Dr Nick

    Dr Nick Guest

    I created an image of the disc to my drive and tried to burn it fomr there,
    no luck. It's a Video DVD (it's this guys home video of something, so not
    copywrighted) so I wanted to do a straight copy (it's made with a menu to
    play in a regular DVD player) can I just copy the files?

    Dr Nick, Oct 17, 2006
  4. Dr Nick

    Baron Guest

    Er, Yes thats what I ment ! I don't think that you can do it with an
    image (ISO) because I think it may contain media type information !

    Baron, Oct 17, 2006
  5. Dr Nick

    Dr Nick Guest

    hmm, I just copied all the files to my hard drive and then tried burning
    those to a DVD+R and it dind't work....the files copied but it won't open as
    a DVD and show teh menu like the original ones does.

    any ideas?

    Dr Nick, Oct 17, 2006
  6. Dr Nick

    Baron Guest

    Mmm! It beats me. Maybe you could ask the guy who created the original
    one what he did to make it in the first place. I've done copies, via
    HDD, between both formats and on to rewritable as well. I must admit
    that I don't use M$ so there could be issues there!

    Sorry I couldn't help.

    Baron, Oct 17, 2006
  7. Dr Nick

    Travis Guest

    So your friend gave you a disc that is a DVD-R that he wants you to
    make copies of and gives you DVD+Rs? You should just beable to make the
    ISO on your harddrive and use Nero to burn that ISO to any kind of DVD
    your drive can burn. If you have made an ISO already, how big is the
    ISO? If it's larger than 4.7GB then you probably have DVD+R, you will
    need Double layers.

    You can just drag and drop the files onto the disc, as you can't copy
    certain invisible information and stuff that makes it readable by a DVD
    Drive.

    Travis, Oct 17, 2006
  8. Dr Nick

    Dr Nick Guest

    Solved the problem (sort of) took the disc home and burned it on my computer
    here and it worked (using his same DVD+R discs) I don't quite understand
    what the problem was, my laptop at work at a DVD+R burner 9which is what the
    blanks were0 but it wouldn't work, I brought it home and used them on my
    desktop (which has a + and - R burner) and it worked..... oh well

    Dr Nick, Oct 18, 2006
  9. Dr Nick

    Baron Guest

    Laptop problem ! Hardware or Software ??
    Glad you got it sorted.

    Baron.

    Baron, Oct 19, 2006