    Is it ok to delete all of the contents of temp internet files including
    content IE5 after every time i use the PC. As i have just found 12 possible
    hack programs in them folders.

    Goonigoogoo, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Goonigoogoo

    riz Guest

    It's OK to delte History/TIF and don't forget to delete "offline contents"
    as well. I'm not sure what you mean by "content IE5"

    riz, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Goonigoogoo

    Goonigoogoo Guest

    erm.....if u go to start-search for files-browse-c:-windows-temp files then
    youll get a folder that says content IE5

    Goonigoogoo, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Goonigoogoo

    °Mike° Guest

    You cannot delete that folder from within Windows. See
    my previous reply to you.

    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  5. Goonigoogoo

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 20, 2003
  6. Goonigoogoo

    Buffalo Guest

    You can delete that file in DOS if you can't delete it in Windows.
    If your temporary internet files are in the C:\Windows\ folder, then at the
    DOS prompt (pure DOS) C:\ you can type cd Windows and press Enter. Then at
    the C:\Windows prompt you can type deltree tempor~1 and press Enter.
    It will be rebuilt upon startup.
    You could create a batch file to do also.
    Several programs will do this for you, including HDValet and Iecache2
    There is a file in TIF called desktop.ini that may possibly cause a
    change in your Desktop if it is deleted.
    Here is a link where you can dl and install the iecache2.js (free program)
    which may be what you want. It's free and only works when you execute it. I
    don't know if you can have it work automatically or not.
    Spider is another program that would probably work and it can be set to do
    it automatically.

    http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Tweekz.htm

    Try some of these anti-spyware programs. They are free.
    Dl,install,update and run:

    AdAware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot Search & Destroy