    software.
    In the setup it recommends to not use the Windows XP software. Is this the
    best way to go?

    Tom, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Tom

    Jack Guest

    Yeah you better of using what came with the Hardware.

    What it means that the manufacturer (for what ever bizarre reasons of its
    own) did not made the Hardware, as is, fully compatible with WZC.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Thanks Jack, will do.

    It was just that the MS information is based on (of course) their software,
    where as the Asus manual is pretty thin on info.

    Cheers,
    Tom

    Tom, Oct 17, 2004
  4. Actually, it doesn't mean it's necessarily "incompatible" with XP, but in
    some cases vendors do provide extra features if you use the software that
    matches the hardware.

    You could try both and see which you like better, but don't run both at the
    same time.

    There's a checkbox in your adapter properties that can tell Windows not to
    try and take control of the adapter. I'm sure the ASUS installation takes
    control from Windows automatically or gives you instructions on how to do
    it.

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Oct 20, 2004