    No, it will slow the system and as long as you keep one up to date it will
    protect you against everything.

    Hamman

    HamMan, Dec 21, 2003

  2. HamMan

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Sonic said:

    Not much, he didn't get past the subject line.

    Installing 2 is ok, but do not have them both scanning together.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003

  3. HamMan

    news.free.fr Guest

    It's not a good idea to do that, in some case one Anti-Virus may see the
    other one as a virus (and vice-versa) and you may get big trouble !

    news.free.fr, Dec 21, 2003
  4. HamMan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:24:39 GMT, Sonic wrote:

    To have two installed at the same time?

    Yes, it is, as long as you don't allow them both to run at the same time. I've
    been running three, sometimes more, for several years, and have never had a
    problem of any sort. Note: I do not allow any of them to run in startup.

    "It's also a good idea NOT to put your entire post in the subject line."

    Mara, Dec 21, 2003
  5. HamMan

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Dec 21, 2003
  6. HamMan

    Mara Guest

    An AV that detects another AV as a virus shouldn't be run at all.

    "That's a very badly-written program."

    Mara, Dec 21, 2003
  7. It was on Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:29:03 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    No it won't! You only have to look back through ALL the posts about AVs,
    & you'll see that what one misses another catches. There was a post
    recently about an AV missing one, & another AV that caught it......
    From: angler ()
    Subject: Re: Trojan Horse
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2003-12-14 10:35:13 PST

    Many thanks for your suggestions. I have tried the various sites you sent me
    and ran the free trial from Panda. After the test I found that the Trojan
    Horse has completely gone from my computer.
    Cant thank you enough for this information and I will certainly be buying
    the Panda AV tomorrow.
    Thanks again. jimac.

    William Poaster, Dec 21, 2003