    Location:
    Australia
    Oi son they must put out 200 watts of heat :| i have never seen a Phase Changer Do so shitly. But still -11C is awesome, but if u really want 0 Watt heat output liquid nitrogen is the way son.

    unholy, Mar 15, 2006

  2. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Don't call me son, kid. :)

    Yeah, Liquid Nitrogen is about the best you're gonna do, however a LiNit cooling system would set you back at least 20 times the amount of the highest priced gaming machine made.

    The Modfather, Mar 16, 2006

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nope its about 20 bucks a litre, 1 litre lasts about 10 minutes or so (if the heat dissipates that quick) though in the long run a phase changer is a hell of alot cheaper, thats why people tend to get a over rated Phase Changer like the Prometia GT and run the -50°C BP refridgerant :)

    unholy, Mar 16, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Duh? Ok, here's what you DIDN'T understand.

    1. LiNit cooling SYSTEMS are hugely expensive, I didn't say anything about the Nitrogen itself.
    2. $20 a liter isn't expensive to you considering it lasts 10 minutes? That'd average out to about the cost of your basic two story home in less than a week's time. So how is that inexpensive in comparison with, oh, say, I dunno, just moving your computer to the arctic circle and running really LONG cables?

    The Modfather, Mar 17, 2006
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    well its not like ur going to overclock for like 1 week :p plus i never said u cant reuse the LiNit :p just buy a MASSIVELY POWERFUL Compressor

    or use my design :p (u wil never know my design muhahahahaha)

    unholy, Mar 18, 2006
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh you guys. Simmer down now..simmer down!

    bigal, Mar 19, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    No, I wanna see his amazingly massivly effeicent and powerful compressor for his LiNit cooling unit. I just have to see this.

    Seriously though, the only LiNit cooling system I've ever seen was down at Epcot in Florida, they had a building full of some of the most amazing computer equipment, including a Cray YMP with the liquid nitrogen pouring down the front of it, very cool (literally).

    Of course that's a multi-million dollar computer, so of course I had to ask the guy who was showing it off "Yeah, but can it play Unreal Tournament?" :)

    The Modfather, Mar 19, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    lol many poeple have used LiNit for cooling, none with recycled LiNit, but that has yet to be used commerically in computers let alone personally.

    My design has a high amount of danger which can be inflicted VERY VERY VERY easily, and i am not talking about the LiNit itself. I will hint at something called a Pressure Valve :)

    unholy, Mar 19, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Just don't lose your cool...

    bigal, Mar 19, 2006
  10. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Huh? Unholy has cool? Since when? :)

    The Modfather, Mar 20, 2006
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Since his mom got him a small refridgerator for his bedroom. Somthing about all-night gaming events and drinking Coke, I believe.....

    bigal, Mar 20, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mmmmmm fridge in my room... wait i would have a half fridge the other half would have rack mounts for a mobo :p

    unholy, Mar 20, 2006
  13. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a fridge in my office, I can have all night gaming sessions, I don't think I'm cool because of that. I'm cool because, well, it's just a state of being, you either are or you aren't.

    The Modfather, Mar 21, 2006
  14. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    State of the art might be good... or bad, u would get turbo lag from the turbos in your legs :p

    unholy, Mar 22, 2006