is google groups posting to usenet down?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jameshanley39, May 17, 2007.

  1. is google groups posting to usenet down?

    jameshanley39, May 17, 2007

  2. jameshanley39

    john sumner Guest

    That if it is true would be so wonderful, would force those dumbass people
    to get a real ISP and get a real news reader .

    john sumner, May 17, 2007

  3. jameshanley39

    Whiskers Guest

    I suspect there's just a lag between posts being made from Google and
    those posts actually appearing in the Google web pages. Recently there has
    been very little lag, I understand, but in the past it could take hours
    even if Google posts were being propagated to usenet almost instantly.

    Whiskers, May 17, 2007
  4. jameshanley39

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, May 17, 2007
  5. jameshanley39

    Frosty Guest

    We can but hope.

    Frosty, May 17, 2007
  6. Must be. I can't see your post...

    Blinky the Shark, May 17, 2007
  7. jameshanley39

    sittingduck Guest

    You realize that you replied directly to a google post?

    sittingduck, May 17, 2007
  8. Of course. That's why I said "your". Otherwise, I would have said
    "his" or "her" or "its".

    No conflict. I *do* kill them all, as promised. All. But I can easily
    override that on a per-post basis when I feel like making a bit of fun
    with one having seen it quoted by someone else, as I did above. That
    (backing up to the parent article) only takes two keystrokes. I only do
    that to respond very rarely -- and never with help.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  9. jameshanley39

    sittingduck Guest

    So you are saying you pulled an AC, and only read the header? <G>

    I didn't see any posts but yours and the googlers at first, (get parent from
    your post) but upon reconstructing the thread just now, I see some replies
    above yours. So I will assume you jumped up the thread from the replies. :)

    sittingduck, May 18, 2007
  10. jameshanley39

    Pennywise Guest

    Can't believe he replied to a GGer. :)

    Pennywise, May 18, 2007
  11. jameshanley39

    Mike Easter Guest

    That's who I tho't about.

    Now that AC has gone off into his own little posting world, Blinky is
    going to take up Alan-responding to the posts he doesn't read/download
    :)

    Blinky, maybe you can borrow AC's slrn-pull gizmo for 'reading/replying
    without downloading' since we miss Alan's non-newsreader style so much.

    Not.

    Mike Easter, May 18, 2007
  12. No. I saw the OP's text quoted by someone else. I went to the parent
    article (the OP's article). I replied.
    That's what I said I did in my first reply to you.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  13. And "only read[ing] the header" has nothing to do with what I did.

    I read a post. It quoted the Google Groper. I hit the key combo for
    "read parent article", which reveals even killed (-9999) posts. I
    replied to that article.

    That has nothing to do with "only read[ing] headers".

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  14. 1. I didn't offer help. :)

    2. Read my replies to Dee and sittingduck to understand why
    my reply does not conflict with my GG-kill policy. I'm
    tired of repeating something so simple.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007
  15. jameshanley39

    sittingduck Guest

    Then why bother? Why are you so worried? Anyone with knowledge of newsreaders
    knows killing posts doesn't mean you never read them. Did you not notice the
    <G> when I made the AC joke? I thought you loved pointing out the obvious?
    You now tire of it? :)

    sittingduck, May 18, 2007
  16. I didn't bother, with muy reply to him. I referred him to the two posts
    I wrote *before* I tired of writing them.

    Blinky the Shark, May 18, 2007