Is Fujifilm going to introduce 4/3 camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by R Halim, Sep 29, 2009.

  1. R Halim

    R Halim Guest

    R Halim, Sep 29, 2009

  2. R Halim

    Miles Bader Guest

    Miles Bader, Sep 29, 2009

  3. R Halim

    SMS Guest

    I was talking to the Canon rep at a local camera pro shop's big annual
    sale where they bring in all the manufacturer's reps to the store. Of
    course he couldn't say anything specific, but the message being conveyed
    was that Canon has a micro 4:3 design (body and lenses) that they can
    quickly productize and take to market if micro 4:3 takes off, but there
    are no plans now to bring it to market. I expect that Nikon has done the
    same sort of thing.

    There is really no value proposition for 4:3 any more, and it's
    essentially gone as far as it can go because of the sensor size. But
    micro 4:3 at least gives you a smaller size body than the current D-SLRs
    so there is at least some appeal despite the smaller sensor size and
    higher noise.

    SMS, Sep 29, 2009
  4. R Halim

    Guest Guest

    both nikon and canon have large sensor compacts in the design stage,
    and hopefully will be released soon. however, they aren't going to be
    micro 4/3rds.
    micro 4/3rds has potential, but if it sells well, nikon and canon will
    release a 1.5x/1.6x compact and olympus is in the same boat as before,
    similar size body but a smaller sensor.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2009
  5. SURRRRRrre you were. Just like you installed that computer controlled
    geyser in Yellowstone National Park.

    For those that want a laugh and to learn what a psychotic virtual-life
    role-playing troll that this SMS really is, read this:

    <http://www.wifi-forum.com/wf/showpost.php?p=448381&postcount=101>

    Troll Highlighter, Sep 29, 2009
  6. R Halim

    Guest Guest

    thom has far more credibility than either you or i.
    to an extent, but why would nikon and canon join the 4/3rds consortium?
    they are a competitor, after all. should micro 4/3rds become a big
    success, nikon and canon will want a piece of the pie. if it flops, no
    loss.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2009
  7. R Halim

    Chris H Guest

    Actually that sounds quite plausible.

    Chris H, Sep 30, 2009
  8. R Halim

    Chris H Guest

    The problem is for most of these sort of conversations there will be no
    citation. I have a similar problem in my own industry. There are many
    off the record discussions long before things are public.

    In any event most of the web pages with this sort of stuff on are pure
    fantasy and ill informed speculation anyway. Just because it is on the
    interweb does not make it real.

    As Nikon/Canon hold the major share of the market they don't really need
    4/3rds. However as Fuji is very closely aligned to Nikon it could be
    that Nikon want to test the water with a non-Nikon Nikon if you see what
    I mean.

    If 3/4rds does really take off (unlikely in my opinion) then Nikon will
    want a piece of the action and they will have a head start via Fuji. If
    not then Nikon have lost nothing other than some R&D time/resource

    Chris H, Sep 30, 2009
  9. Of course it would, to someone like you. You're nothing but another
    delusional troll. That's why psychotic trolls like SMS play this game.
    People as gullible as you buy right into their outlandish shit, lock stock
    and barrel. You wrongly believe that others will buy your delusional
    troll's shit just as easily as you buy theirs. One delusional troll
    entertaining another psychotic troll. It's that simple.

    Troll Highlighter, Sep 30, 2009
  10. R Halim

    John Turco Guest

    Chris H wrote:

    I was unaware any "alliance" between Fuji and Nikon; the latter company
    obtains its image sensors fron Sony, does it not?

    John Turco, Oct 31, 2009