Is Firewall essential in this case?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Dickie Peters, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Dickie Peters

    B. Nice Guest

    Erhm. No.... But forget it. It's obvious you don't want to answer.

    B. Nice, Feb 15, 2007

  3. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    Why don't you just search for Linksys and Exploit on google, read the
    results, then come back and tell us you were wrong and apologize for being
    rude and ignorant.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Feb 15, 2007
  4. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    Wrong, and there are MANY websites that show that you are completely
    wrong. Why are you afraid to search google for Linksys Exploits?
    Because you're participating in Usenet, you don't own usenet, and there
    are standards and norms - clipping signatures IS the proper method when
    replying to others posts.

    You're showing your true colors by choosing to remain ignorant (not
    wanting to read about Linksys Exploits) and by thinking you own Usenet.

    Leythos, Feb 15, 2007
  5. Dickie Peters

    Tx2 Guest

    to Computers
    of , felt we'd be interested in the
    following...

    Doubt no more, you top posting, pompous fool.

    *plonk*

    Tx2, Feb 15, 2007
  6. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  7. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    Do I REALLY need to mention fourty years of programming
    and repairing hardware at the component level ?

    This is alt.computer.security where clues abound, and
    top posters show their ignorance and contempt for style.

    PS: How much do Microsoft pay you for plugging their
    support services on your website ?

    Jim Watt, Feb 15, 2007
  8. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    Open Internet Explorer, or your favourite web browser
    and type the URL

    www.google.com

    thats what we computer people call a SEARCH ENGINE
    which contains an index to useful websites

    type the phrase

    Usenet Etiquette

    Press return

    Read every article it finds do what they say and then
    we will not consider you a badly behaved idiot.

    Jim Watt, Feb 15, 2007
  9. Dickie Peters

    Bit Twister Guest

    Hehehe, I'll agree, the site gives Three stars for Windows Defender
    and this snippet "It's not as thorough as Spyware Doctor or Spysweeper
    but it will protect you from the majority of spyware. "

    What a joke.

    Bit Twister, Feb 15, 2007
  10. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 16, 2007
  11. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 16, 2007
  12. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 16, 2007
  13. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    As we all know, lamers that violate the standards and norms of a group
    because "they can" are often shuned by that group.

    Leythos, Feb 16, 2007
  14. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    Have you actually read all that stuff ?

    You clearly missed the bit about top posting.

    BTW How much do you get paid by Microsoft ?

    Jim Watt, Feb 16, 2007
  15. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    Yeah I noticed that, on the whole the site was not
    bad, its a pity the guy is such an arrogant tosser
    and is not prepared to listen to others.

    and top posts.

    Jim Watt, Feb 16, 2007
  16. Dickie Peters

    warf Guest

    Axiom: I have yet to see a thread over 10 or so posts that hasn't taken
    a hard left and digressed into personal territory; SO, I'll
    save y'all the trouble and post this up top so you can read it 'post haste'.

    Try a few to test it out. In fact...it can reasonably assuredly be
    stated "the longer the thread the dearth'r the info. "
    Top[ost] that.
    Is recompense pertinent or personal info? Donknow, havin' a senior moment..
    Nothing personal Jim...just an observation about long threads and
    content of which you CLEARLY were not the initiator.

    The top-posting thing has always alluded me though. Why would anyone
    want to scroll past mountains of innuendo to read a response? I suspect
    it is far more practical to 'top-post' once the thread has digressed
    to drivel and the info has wained. Saves a lot of time parsing useless
    erstwhile info and getting to the meaty entertaining bits no?

    Since I promulgate the case in point axiomatically and serve only to
    flog the equine fatal...the axiom withstands the test.
    Fare thee Well, and consider the intent before judging me seriously.
    Seriously,
    Warf.

    warf, Feb 16, 2007
  17. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    Many people don't SEE how to post properly, as you can see from my reply,
    I've snipped your post to only the part needed for my response.

    This is not email, it's going out to people that may not see an entire
    thread, may not start at the top, etc... It always reads from Top to
    Bottom by default.

    So, a proper reply will have snipped leaving just enough to make sense and
    then add their reply below the snipped part - this makes it easy, for
    anyone, to jump in and understand the reply.

    People that top post only are bucking the norm because of several
    possible reasons: they are self centered, lazy, trolling, ignorance of
    proper usenet norms, or just hate all life :)

    For those of us that interact with Usenet properly it only makes sense to
    bottom/intersperse reply, properly snipping before making the reply.

    Leythos, Feb 16, 2007
  18. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    That's the way its done and top posting simply does not work.

    What I hate is picky people who critisise spelling and
    use of English, why they do that eludes me.

    There again computers are picky and often its
    the case that causes confusion.

    But to answer the question, without etiquette you are
    perceived to be ignorant, arrogant or both.

    Jim Watt, Feb 16, 2007
  19. Dickie Peters

    warf Guest

    Don't you hate it when people flaunt those didactic traditions...
    What "I" feel is at stake is flaunting the fact that rule bound persons
    went to all that trouble learning the rules so as to 'fit in' and some
    upstart shows complete lack of well earned respect for the ritual of
    complicity.....
    oh,wait. This should be below the latter quote so:Vida Infra.
    Ditto, smacks of elitism and left hemispheric preponderance.
    Just in "case"?
    Do you mean to say you are pointing that directly on me and casting
    aspersions upon my carachter for daring to transgress the 'way it is'?
    And I thought attacking the poster was in bad taste and displayed poor
    training....,ergo- etiquitte.

    When In Rome...
    So, I notice that the main thrust of my post was disregarded. Does mean
    'no contest, no interest or no etiquitte?
    SCan you see the irony in the lecture on netiquette by a couple of
    thread nappers...espousing the moral high ground whilst making it personal?
    oh...Vida supra: It is humorous.
    G'nite.
    Warf.

    warf, Feb 17, 2007