Is Firewall essential in this case?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Dickie Peters, Jan 22, 2007.

  1. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007

  2. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007

  3. A router is not a firewall and especially spyware won't care at all.

    NOW WILL YOU?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  4. Spyware cannot disable ZoneAlarm. Anyway, why should it?

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  5. Dickie Peters

    B. Nice Guest

    I'm not to judge your IQ.
    I do. But calm down. You brought the term up.
    Why should it? A router is no obstacle for spyware at all. Zero. Nada.
    That's true. But it does'nt answer my question.

    Once again:
    Why is the windows firewall rated 4 stars when used together with a
    router and only 1 star when used without one?

    B. Nice, Feb 15, 2007
  6. Dickie Peters

    Jim Watt Guest

    Ah I see we are now moving to the abusive phase
    as you decline to answer the questions

    You really have no idea how stupid your statement

    "A router is the best firewall you can have and spyware
    CANNOT disable a router!!!"

    is, because most spyware does not NEED to disable anything
    in a router, because most domestic routers pass all outgoing
    connections through transparently. NAT only blocks incoming
    connections.

    Feel free to lecture us about hardware and software when you
    have learnt something. Many of the people here have aready
    got a clue and have been involved in computers before yourself.

    1. A router is mostly software

    2. How much do Microsoft pay you for plugging their
    support services on your website ?

    3. Have you considered including a guide to newsgroup
    posting with style, the research could be very useful
    to yourself and others.

    Jim Watt, Feb 15, 2007
  7. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    You seem to have mistaken my statement for somehow approving of your
    statement "spyware CANNOT disable a router" which is false and misleading.
    Your technical argument is invalid.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Feb 15, 2007
  8. Dickie Peters

    Leythos Guest

    Wrong, you didn't read anything found on the web.

    There are several exploits that you can't configure around - but, you seem
    to have that pcbutts1 mentality, deny everything that doesn't fit your
    needs and insult those that know more than you.

    Oh, and your Usenet reader is NOT properly removing signature lines, which
    also indicates your lack of technical understanding.

    Leythos, Feb 15, 2007
  9. Because Spinach tastes good when you replace it with a hamburger before
    eating. *SCNR*

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  10. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  11. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  12. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  13. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  14. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  15. So? Can you provide evidence? Did you mail your findings to the ZoneAlarm
    developers? Even though this software is total crap, I doubt they've
    introduced any such trivial vulnerability.
    No, it isn't. Enlighten me.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  16. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  17. What part of *SCNR* didn't you understand?

    And what part of "DAMN, LEARN HOW TO QUOTE CORRECTLY!" didn't you
    understand? You quoting style suchs to no end!

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  18. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007
  19. Declared stupid and killfiled.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Feb 15, 2007
  20. Seniors Guide to Computers, Feb 15, 2007