Is Desktop Linux the final nail in the coffin for vista (expee sp3) Crap?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by 7, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. 7

    7 Guest

    asstroturfer Kaylie Solomon wrote on behalf of micoshaft corporation:

    Is Linux Desktop going to be the final nail in the micoshaft vista (xp sp3)
    crap? Let's be honest, Linux has had years between the release of Windopes
    Expee and surpass it now and the upcoming release of vista crap is not
    going gain a stronghold in the lucrative desktop arena because of viruses,
    drm, excessive hardware requirements, the inability to run virtualization,
    on a ludicrous range of vista crapola products, and last but not least,
    the ability for micoshaft corporation to send software missiles into your
    computer to shut it down. Micoshaft is a violent company seeking harm to
    its users whom it treats as pirates because they are running windopes on
    their computer.

    The truth is that windopes has failed miserably in it's
    attempt to gain desktop presence is by milking the remaining dumbos
    to pay up. By all accounts that can be found. Windopes hovers in a death
    spiral at less than 0.5 percent of desktop usage increase. A miserable
    figure after 15 years and certainly not an encouragement considering Linux
    is ready to replace 3 years ago windopes.
    Of course the Linux pundits will bloom and everyone embrace
    their arms, shout and scream about Linux replacing Windopes while
    in some village in the middle of piracy central park NY some dumbo is
    copying his expee disk to get his last attempt at using it for free.
    That is admirable if you are the BSA, as you keep them in employment.
    Facts are facts and micoshaft corporation dumbos cost more
    in 20 seconds than that entire village is worth if they parted with
    their life's savings trying to buy windopes licenses (not software)
    to workd and feed micoshaft coporation staff and their dumbo asstroturfers.
    So it is better for everyone to switch en-masse to GNU/Linux.

    Then there is Munich, another Linux success story. One project
    after another gets implemented as the project spirals into a far more
    complex project than first anticipated and then we learn they will be
    converting workstations faster per week by using open source to share
    code and attack every bit of complexity with solutions made in Linux space.
    Do the math. It will have taken YEARS to do this project if you tried it
    with micoshaft because you have to pay micoshaft bum boys who have been
    recently fined $300+ million in EU over not having documentation for their
    networking. Come on!! Wake up people!! If those dummies running
    micoshaft corporation don't have documentation and have to steal it
    from open source SAMBA project, then what hope is there for governments
    doing business with such an irresponsible company? Your projects
    won't finish on time or on budget if you switch to micoshaft.
    You can get sacked for recommending micoshaft products legally now
    because micoshaft haven't the documentation to support their own crap
    delaying your projects and wrecking careers.
    vista crapola (which is really expee sp3) is on deck waiting impatiently and
    unready as ever to take over the misery and work over sys admins and IT
    staff into more loopy unnecessary upgrades and system wide failures
    and more sackings. If micoshaft cannot guarantee with penalties
    payable for delays and crashing products whenever they
    bum their way into offices and recommend products and switching
    to their crapola, then its bad managers and luzers that
    sign up for micoshaft products and support.
    Lets face it, you ain't gonna get any. And if you ain't
    gonna get your problems solved, then micoshaft should pay
    penalty clauses right?!

    As compiz and XGL take hold it is going to knock Linux out to the desktop
    once and for all and there will be no more windopes. All the open source
    companies that have engaged in open source development have cause to
    celebrate and insist more support for open source product
    development companies and government take responsible views
    over open source development.

    Linux will go right up where it belongs and that is as a
    tool for geeks and make the public as keen and geeky as the
    and it will remain on their desktop until windopes
    is finally removed from life support and put out
    to pasture.

    Linux really should dig deep into the desktop with compiz xgl and the
    line whilst already concentrated on the server
    and embedded market because Linux is a perfect match for those
    applications.
    The public has spoken and they are screaming  "We Want Linux".

    Hundreds of free Linuxes here...

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    7, Oct 21, 2006

  2. 7

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    Hey...I'm a big Linux fan...but your logic is ill (Viz: Illogic)

    If Microsoft now has maybe 95% or the desktop market...
    and they've "only" increased it by .5% ...this does not seem like
    a big death spiral.

    philo, Oct 22, 2006

  3. 7

    Ed Guest

    I tried Linux a few times. to get on the Internet purchase nic that
    will work with Linux. I searched on how to install it. I was given a
    gigantic command that of course did not work.
    I then installed a old copy of win 2k prof. It was much more doable.

    Ed, Oct 22, 2006
  4. 7

    faeychild Guest

    I think you're dreaming

    faeychild, Oct 22, 2006
  5. 7

    Vanguard Guest

    <snip - more non-technical drivel from someone trying to rationalize
    their OS choice>

    Sure would be nice if kiddies realized that it is quite obvious they
    aren't the experts they profess to be. I use Windows, Redhat, SuSE,
    Solaris, MVS, VM, and several others. You are the kind of spokesman
    that the Linux community would prefer to shutup until you grow up.
    You aren't helping their cause.

    On the other side of his billboard it says, "Jesus Saves - Use PayPal
    to make money".

    Vanguard, Oct 22, 2006
  6. 7

    7 Guest

    More micoshaft corporation myths eh...?!
    The total PC market share is diminishing for micoshaft
    and asstrotufers are at pains to continue to focus the
    myth around the desktop instead of the whole market share thing.

    7, Oct 22, 2006
  7. 7

    7 Guest

    Most windope software don't install on new hardware (just goes blue scree),
    or on old hardware. This is particularly bad if you lost the driver disks.

    Linux on the other hand has no trouble on most hardware. Just insert into CD
    and boot and it auto detects and configures everything. Thats because Linux
    is the new standard with more drivers built in than any other windope
    distro.

    If you don't believe it, download and try things like Knoppix, Ubutu etc..
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com
    You don't have to install or configure anything if you already have a router
    and a network card. Just boot from CD, and surf safely right away.
    Particularly handy when your laptop or your computer is taking hours to boot
    or is full of viri and spyware and it won't let you take control of your
    computer.

    7, Oct 22, 2006
  8. 7

    7 Guest

    Don't you think that windope zealots and their out of date asstrotufing
    needs to stop? Not one single windope zealot shilling for micoshaft
    has admitted that they use Linux but they write volumes into newsgroups
    pretending windopes is better than Linux when it isn't.
    I always check their numerous false claims, and Linux is always
    better. (Says something about windope zealots and their losing battles
    with Linux.)

    I encourage everyone to try GNU/Linux
    http://www.livecdlist.com (e.g. knoppix, ubuntu, open SuSE etc..)
    http://www.distrowatch.com
    to get a better handle on the truth behind Linux and the free
    operating system, the GPL code, source code etc.

    7, Oct 22, 2006
  9. 7

    steve Guest

    I have never had that problem with Windows, with or without the
    correct drivers.

    OTOH, I spent so many years on command line UNIX that I'm reluctant to
    even try Linux.

    There is no Linux market for my software.

    Steve

    steve, Oct 22, 2006
  10. 7

    cc Guest

    You didn't use the words windope, zealot, asstroturfing, and microshaft
    nearly enough.

    cc, Oct 22, 2006
  11. 7

    G. Morgan Guest

    Lol... He should have just named it "Flaccidware".

    G. Morgan, Sep 17, 2010
  12. 7

    Jenna Tills Guest

    *plonk*

    Jenna Tills, Sep 17, 2010
  13. chrisv is a fscking liar. chrisv is a piece of shit.

    One Shot, One Kill, Sep 17, 2010
  14. 7

    Jenna Tills Guest

    *plonk*

    Jenna Tills, Sep 17, 2010
  15. 7

    Ezekiel Guest

    By COLA standards you are an "intelligent and insightful poster."

    I bet you didn't know that.

    Ezekiel, Sep 17, 2010
  16. 7

    chuckcar Guest

    Ruined a perfectly good joke in one sentence.

    The joke *is*: What company gets it's name from it's founder's private
    parts?

    Microsoft.

    chuckcar, Sep 18, 2010
  17. chucktard wrote:

    [cross-post stripped]
    I'll wager that is not how the joke was originally written.
    Why do you put those feral apostrophes in it?

    Read this aloud: What company gets it is name from it is founder's
    private parts?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 18, 2010
  18. you're a top feral apostrophe hunter.
    obviously you've been seasoned by many safari's.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Sep 18, 2010
  19. Thank yew. Is there a monetary award with that? :)

    http://tekrider.net/general/checker.php

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 18, 2010

  20. in the mail, and i thought you did it fer pleasure :( ..

    interesting link thanks :)

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Sep 19, 2010