    off. I just couldn't get a call to go through. I can't think of anything
    that's stopping the show except Comcast. Could there be another reason?
    Thanks.

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008

  2. Comcast and 3rd party VoIP works just fine. You almost certainly have your
    router and/or adapter (stick) configured incorrectly. Can you hook that
    "VoiceStick" directly to your cable modem [or is it a USB bit that connects to
    a PC}?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 5, 2008

  3. Comcast and 3rd party VoIP works just fine. You almost certainly have your

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 5, 2008
  4. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    I was successfully using my Voicestick voip to call out when I had AT&T
    I'm not using the stick, just their softphone.

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008
  5. M.L.

    M.L., Aug 5, 2008
  6. Firewall issue ... either on your computer or on your router ... I am about
    100% sure of this. I am 100% sure that Comcast is not blocking VoIP. They
    took enough heat with their interference with torrents to even consider
    blocking VoIP for anti-competitive reasons.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 6, 2008
  7. Firewall issue ... either on your computer or on your router ... I am about

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Aug 6, 2008
  8. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    I'm not using the stick, just their softphone.
    Thanks for your reply. I had already tried shutting down my router and
    software firewalls with no success. Turns out that my WinXP Telephony
    service was set to Manual. After setting it to Started->Automatic and
    rebooting, I could make outgoing calls.

    M.L., Aug 7, 2008
  10. M.L.

    Dan_Roberts

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New York
    Comcast may not be blocking, but that does not mean they are being nice

    Even if they say they won't be blocking IP Packets, they can still cause mischief. Packet loss, latency and jitter are all known VoIP issues with cable providers. Our company uses a router and software that lets us pinpoint the source of the problems.

    The problem is that there is nothing you can do about it.

    So, it is nice that Comcast says they won't block VoIP, they didn't say they were going to provide a "smooth ride" either.

    Dan_Roberts, Nov 27, 2008
  11. M.L.

    RP Guest

    RP, Jul 30, 2009
  12. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I found the problem was that the Telephony
    Service was not turned on on my system.

    M.L., Aug 7, 2009
  13. M.L.

    Arthur

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Guys,

    I am also using VoIP Service ( AXVOICE INC ) through my pc and I call my all friends and family members and i m enjoying cheapest call rates as well as excellant quality and I have never had a proplem.

    Regards
    Arthur

    Arthur, Sep 28, 2009