    process the cancellation of your membership. I'm going to think long and
    hard about joining them again if it's always going to be like this when
    I've fulfilled my obiligation and want to cancel.

    Dennis McGee, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Dennis McGee

    Justin Guest

    Dennis McGee wrote on [Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:39:09 -0600]:
    When you get new stuff from them, including DVDs, write return to sender
    refused. Then it won't be returned at your expense.

    Justin, Jan 16, 2004

  3. You should've sent the package back unopened and marked "refused", it
    would've been returned to sender and you wouldn't have had to pay a
    thing.

    Something went wrong somewhere, I have cancelled a couple DVD
    memberships before (I join, get the DVD's and fulfil the commitment then
    cancel) with no problem.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Jan 16, 2004
  4. Dennis McGee

    Dennis McGee Guest

    Well it was just $1.47 media mail. If they send me another one though, I'm
    going to refuse it.

    Dennis McGee, Jan 16, 2004
  5. Dennis McGee

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    (snip)

    Actually...there is a very good chance that your account wont be closed
    by writing something on a reply mailer. Call customer service and confirm
    that you want the account closed. Write down who you talk to.
    Little late for the info, but they will also issue a prepaid return
    shipper on erroneous shipments.

    Matt

    Matt Ferrari, Jan 16, 2004
  6. Dennis McGee

    ttfg Guest

    Same here, and I use their site for almost everything. Quick and simple, and
    they always confirm via email anything I do on their site, including
    cancellation of accounts..

    ttfg, Jan 16, 2004
  7. Dennis McGee

    Moviezzz Guest

    I get a
    Well first, when you got that, you should have declined the selection. It
    probably crossed in the mail.

    And second, when you got the DVD, you should have called them or gone online
    since they will send you a prepaid mailer to send it back, so you don't have to
    spend anything.

    Moviezzz, Jan 16, 2004
  8. Timing is everything. The monthly forms have "as of XXX you have YYY
    to buy" and the date is a few weeks ahead of the arrival of the form.
    So they have a long lead time, and if you just miss the deadline
    you will get another mailing. It makes a lot of sense after cancelling
    to send back any forms that come in declining the selection, and
    writing something like "I've already cancelled". At the very least,
    use the website to make sure no more "director's selections" appear
    for that account, and if they do, decline them there.

    I'm in Canada, but I've had no problem with cancelling the CD club
    a bunch of times since 1999. Sometimes I write on the form
    "Please cancel" sometimes I do it by email. It has stayed cancelled,
    though at least once I did get a mailing afterwards, because of
    that timing issue.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jan 16, 2004
  9. I just canceled my account through their website with no problems. You
    should give that a try.

    Aaron

    Aaron R. Schnuth, Jan 16, 2004
  10. Dennis McGee

    me Guest

    Send the letter certified with a return receipt. Once you have proof
    they received the letter (from return receipt), anything sent to you
    after that date is FREE. Yes, it's a gift. Legally you dont have to
    pay. If they harass you, ignore them.

    me, Jan 19, 2004