Is Chrome a bag of Worms ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Mar 16, 2013.

  1. On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:59:36 +1300, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 19/03/13 14:01, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:04:24 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>> Or "full Stop" ?
    >>>
    >>> You need to run Chrome because your Android app requires it.
    >>>
    >>> Or did yoU misSpeak ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    >> IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.
    >>

    >> TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?
    >>

    >http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117805

    Did you not read my Posts been there done all that..

    Frank Williams, Mar 20, 2013

  2. On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 18:28:07 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >?
    >>>
    >>>You need to run Chrome because your Android app requires it.
    >>>
    >>>Or did yoU misSpeak ?
    >>>
    >>>geoff
    >>>

    >> What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    >> IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.
    >>

    >> TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?

    >The answer to your Question is self-evident, just above.
    >
    >So you didn't type:
    > "Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to
    > work, I dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before"
    >
    >and
    >
    > "Its a feature in a Android App that only works with Google"
    >
    >Or you did, but failed to Explain some other vital Piece of infoRmation ?
    >
    >geoff

    No I posted that Chome did not work..

    Here is the fists posting

    Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.

    But it cant connect to the Internet

    ER-102

    All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet

    But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    XP.

    Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    XP..

    Frank Williams, Mar 20, 2013

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 20/03/13 14:33, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:58:18 +1300, Enkidu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 19/03/13 14:01, Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    >>> IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.
    >>>

    >>> TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?
    >>>

    >> http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/CkhrEHgBHVI

    > Read my Posts been there done all that..

    Nope. You missed something. Try them all again, or do as I say and get a
    Mac.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 20, 2013
  4. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 20/03/13 16:02, Enkidu wrote:
    > On 20/03/13 14:33, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:58:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/CkhrEHgBHVI

    >> Read my Posts been there done all that..
    >>

    > Nope. You missed something. Try them all again, or do as I say and get a
    > Mac.

    In addition the errors that people have been having on the Internet are
    due to one of two causes. Firstly issues with the proxy settings,
    secondly issues with firewall or malware checkers, particularly AVG.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 20, 2013
  5. On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:04:48 +1300, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 20/03/13 16:02, Enkidu wrote:
    >> On 20/03/13 14:33, Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> Read my Posts been there done all that..
    >>>

    >> Nope. You missed something. Try them all again, or do as I say and get a
    >> Mac.
    >>

    >In addition the errors that people have been having on the Internet are
    >due to one of two causes. Firstly issues with the proxy settings,
    >secondly issues with firewall or malware checkers, particularly AVG.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    AVG is utter crap and I would never use it, I use the same firewall and
    MS antivirus and it works 100% with WIN 7

    Also I have tried disabling both when running XP..

    The proxy settings have been checked more times that I can think of,

    IE8 , Firefox and Opera all work.

    I have a Tablet that use to side load App's, but the software or the
    hardware no longer works for USB transfers to the Flash Ram, ok with
    Ext SD card, but its a pain to re-flash the rooted ROM and then install
    all the app's, but even in the past have constant problem USB Flash ram
    connects, took some 5 times or more for it to connect.

    Its a cheap Chinese Tablet U30GT that are known to have some problems

    I have been using some Android FTP TABLET programs WiFi to upload
    App's/Data to the Tablet, but I does not handle folders, the one that I
    found, some one suggested it will transfers Folders if Chrome is use,
    but a free install of Chrome will not even connect to the net.

    There are programs that let me connect the tablet to the PC as part of a
    network but all need a Password, I dont use a Password to log onto my
    PC..

    One other thing that might be a similar problem is I can conect the
    Tablet to a LAN, a built in option, but that might also need a password.

    A resonably 10.1" tablet that I landed for some $280, the have just
    mentioned a MK 2 version U30GT2 that has a 4 core PCU 1.8 GHz and the 4
    core GPU speed has been updated 533 MHz

    2meg of system ram 32 GB of Flash ram..

    Plus Type Retina Screen, IPS
    Display IPS