    XP.

    Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    XP..

    Frank Williams, Mar 16, 2013

  2. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:

    > Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    > dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >

    > But it cant connect to the Internet
    >

    > ER-102
    >
    > All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >
    > But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    > XP.
    >

    > Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    > XP..

    Buy a Mac.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 16, 2013

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 17/03/13 12:43, Mutley wrote:
    > Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>

    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>

    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>

    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >> Buy a Mac.

    > Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    Nor me. That's why I suggested he gets a Mac.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 17, 2013
  4. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>

    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>

    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>

    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >>Buy a Mac.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  5. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    <snip>

    I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at www.seniledementia.net.

    JohnO, Mar 17, 2013
  6. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 16/03/13 22:18, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >>> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>>

    >>> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>>

    >>> ER-102
    >>>
    >>> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>>
    >>> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >>> XP.
    >>>

    >>> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>> XP..
    >>>

    >>Buy a Mac.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    Yes work 100% with Win7, both using the same security software, but
    that does not help if its turned off.

    Use XP most of the time due to a HP Scanner only having XP Drivers, plus
    to replace this HP scanner that was $800 would be a bit of a problem
    costs etc being one.

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  7. Frank Williams

    nospam Guest

    On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >XP..

    I think you need to re-format your brain.

    Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
    likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
    an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
    do.

    Have you tried everything here
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117805

    and here
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/OJfXs4gp9-s[1-25-false]

    Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
    person.

    nospam, Mar 17, 2013
  8. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 17/03/13 13:32, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:43:29 +1300, Mutley
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Buy a Mac.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Cliff

    >> Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    > Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

    So there are at least 1000 nincompoops on the Net.

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 17, 2013
  9. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:15:59 +1300, nospam <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:18:04 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >>XP..

    >I think you need to re-format your brain.
    >
    >Exactly what are "all the suggestions" you've tried. You're not
    >likely to get any help if you expect people to have to figure out what
    >an "ER 102" is and then to find "all" the suggestions about what to
    >do.
    >
    >Have you tried everything here
    >http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117805
    >
    >and here
    >http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/OJfXs4gp9-s[1-25-false]
    >
    >Try getting your brain out of dork mode and communicate like a normal
    >person.

    That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  10. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:26:27 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Just did a clean install so that another program needs Chrome to work, I
    >> dont think I ive run Chrome on this PC before.
    >>

    >> But it cant connect to the Internet
    >>

    >> ER-102
    >>
    >> All other browsers work OK and Chrome runs from my Tablet
    >>
    >> But looking on the net this seems to be a Big problem with Chrome and
    >> XP.
    >>

    >> Tried all the suggestions accept reformatting the HD and reinstalling
    >> XP..

    >I have Chrome working fine on machines with XP, Win7 1 on 32-bit and three
    >on 64. I've never had it not work. Can't imagine what you've done wrong, or
    >is stuffed up on your system.
    >
    >Also can' imagine what other program "needs Chrome to work". Sounds pretty
    >dodgey and may well be what has screwed with your system. I'd avoid a
    >program with such a specific dependancy.
    >
    >geoff

    Its a feature in a Android App that only works with Google

    Here is the reference

    Guess what I learned? The 'select folder' option ONLY works with Chrome.
    So I fired up Chrome, logged in on it to my phone via Airdroid, and was
    perfectly able to upload an entire directory plus subdirectories, with
    their hierarchies intact, onto my phone's SD card.

    The moral of the story: Fire up Airdroid from Chrome and try again.

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  11. On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Sunday, 17 March 2013 13:32:06 UTC+13, Frank Williams wrote:
    ><snip>
    >>
    >> >Never had any problems with Chrome 27 on Win XP..

    >> Go look on the Net, 1000 of problems and most like mine.

    >I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at www.seniledementia.net.

    Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    here..?

    Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    so why not attack the poster..

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  12. Frank Williams

    nospam Guest

    On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:48:38 +1300, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    >tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.

    No, it is not listed by google - whatever the hell "listed by google"
    means. Googling for "ER 102" finds a pile of stuff about some
    Midlands emergency radio something or rather.

    Furthermore, your subject was "is chrome a bag or worms". This sounds
    like a bad tempered, childish rant. Nor did you list steps to
    reproduce the problem or what version of chrome you're using.

    Can you log onto your router using chrome? Does your router have an
    error log?

    nospam, Mar 17, 2013
  13. On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 23:11:55 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sunday, 17 March 2013 13:32:06 UTC+13, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>><snip>

    >>>I'm sure, but you won't find the solution to your chrome issues at
    >>>www.seniledementia.net.

    >> Thanks Chaps for all your help its nice to see how helpful people can be
    >> here..?
    >>

    >> Or should I say when you all don't have a clue and are Totally useless,
    >> so why not attack the poster..
    >>

    >OK can we start again.
    >
    >Have we all got this wrong, and the Situation isn't As beLow:
    >
    >You are trying to run an Android app that needs Chrome , and somehow need to
    >reformat your HDD reinstall Windows XP ?
    >
    >I'd suggest maybe you need to reformat your HDD and install Android.
    >
    >geoff
    >
    >geoff

    No I am trying to Run Chrome full stop.

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  14. On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:11:03 +1300, nospam <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:48:38 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>That error "ER 102" is listed by Google, and as I posted before I have
    >>tried all the Fixes, even these that you have listed.

    >No, it is not listed by google - whatever the hell "listed by google"
    >means. Googling for "ER 102" finds a pile of stuff about some
    >Midlands emergency radio something or rather.
    >
    >Furthermore, your subject was "is chrome a bag or worms". This sounds
    >like a bad tempered, childish rant. Nor did you list steps to
    >reproduce the problem or what version of chrome you're using.
    >
    >Can you log onto your router using chrome? Does your router have an
    >error log?

    Nothing at all with my Routers as I can Run Chome from W7

    Its XP that does not work..

    Frank Williams, Mar 17, 2013
  15. On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:04:24 +1300, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> No I am trying to Run Chrome full stop.

    >Or "full Stop" ?
    >
    >You need to run Chrome because your Android app requires it.
    >
    >Or did yoU misSpeak ?
    >
    >geoff

    What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.

    TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?

    Frank Williams, Mar 19, 2013
  16. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106010

    Enkidu, Mar 19, 2013
  17. Frank Williams

    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/CkhrEHgBHVI

    Enkidu, Mar 19, 2013
  18. Frank Williams

    Enkidu, Mar 19, 2013
  19. On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:56:53 +1300, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 19/03/13 14:01, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 19:04:24 +1300, "geoff" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>> Or "full Stop" ?
    >>>
    >>> You need to run Chrome because your Android app requires it.
    >>>
    >>> Or did yoU misSpeak ?
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> What utter crap you post 1 AM TRYING TO RUN A NEW INSTALL OF CHROME AND
    >> IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE NET, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH ANDRIOD.
    >>

    >> TELL ME WHY ARE SOME MANY POSTEERS IN THE NEWS GROUP SO THICK..?
    >>

    >http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106010

    Did you not read my Posts been there done all that..

    Frank Williams, Mar 20, 2013
  20. On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:58:18 +1300, Enkidu

    Frank Williams, Mar 20, 2013