Is Buydig.com reliable?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. They seem to have among the best prices for the D70 and D70s of any of the
    more reputable shops. What are your experiences with them?

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Bill Spanger Guest

    I've bought two digi cams from them so far and have had no problems
    with them, they didn't even try to up-sell me.
    YMMV

    Bill Spanger, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Don Wiss Guest

    My only problem is they didn't include the rebate form when I bought a
    Nikon flash. As you could only get them from the dealer, I called and they
    sent it to me.

    Don Wiss, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Nostrobino Guest

    I've bought six cameras from them so far and recommend them 100%. No
    problems of any kind, all cameras shipped fast by FedEx, all arrived on time
    or early.

    The last two I bought, I received an e-mail asking me to call their customer
    service at an 800 number because of an address problem. I *suspect* it was
    actually a security check because I'd bought so many cameras in a short time
    and they wanted to make sure it was the card owner ordering. I did call both
    times and the order went through promptly, shipped the same day. There was
    never any attempt to sell me any additional stuff.

    I recently ordered a camera from another seller at a lower price. Got an
    e-mail the next day asking me to call their customer service. I did, in the
    evening during that store's stated hours, but had to leave a message as the
    rep evidently had gone home. The next day had a phone call from them wanting
    to sell me a lot of stuff I didn't want. I declined. The rep told me
    shipment by ground service would take 10 days. I'd already waited two days,
    so I canceled the order, and promptly ordered the same camera from
    BuyDig.com. Had the camera in two days. The price was $20 or so higher, but
    for a $600+ camera that was worth it to me to do without the bullshit.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Jul 4, 2005
  5. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Don Wiss Guest

    Was this place in Brooklyn?

    Don Wiss, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Jul 4, 2005
  7. Good info, thanks!!!

    Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig, Jul 4, 2005
  8. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Nostrobino Guest

    Probably. It was ButterflyPhoto.com, which had the best price on the Nikon
    8400 and had good (but not great) reviews on BizRate.com. They're in NY
    somewhere, and I guess Brooklyn is as likely a place as any.

    Now I will say that they were pleasant enough, and gave me no trouble about
    the cancellation. The fellow who called insisted on going through the short
    list of items he wanted to sell me, but was quick about it, very polite, not
    pushy or persistent, said "No problem" when I cancelled the order, and I
    immediately received an e-mail confirming the cancellation and assuring me
    that my credit card would not be charged. Which was nice.

    So I am not really down on ButterflyPhoto and might order from them again
    sometime, if they have much the lowest price and I'm not in a hurry. But in
    my experience BuyDig.com is just so trouble-free, fast and reliable, if
    prices are anywhere close that's who I'll always buy from.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Jul 5, 2005
  9. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Don Wiss Guest

    Don Wiss, Jul 5, 2005
  10. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Nostrobino Guest

    BuyDig.com is a division of Beach Camera, according to their site. Beach
    Camera is still in business under the same name, and whatever their past
    history was, now has excellent customer ratings on BizRate.com, as does
    BuyDig.com.

    I have bought six digital cameras from BuyDig.com and have been 100%
    satisfied every time. Great prices (often the very lowest), prompt e-mails
    with order confirmation and then tracking numbers when shipped, fast FedEx
    shipping, and no bullshit. Can't beat that.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Jul 5, 2005
  11. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Nostrobino Guest

    Nostrobino, Jul 5, 2005
  12. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    george Guest

    I've ordered from the Beach Camera part of Beach Trading Co (BuyDig.com is
    also part of Beach Trading, same address) twice in the last month...both
    orders
    were very fast and exactly as described (USA warranty, absolutely new) and
    no B.S. shipping charges...my first order cost a whopping $6.95 to have
    FedEx'd
    to me and by the time I ordered again, it was free FedEx and both items were
    the
    cheapest price I could find (from anyone I was reasonably certain could
    actually
    deliver).

    George

    george, Jul 6, 2005
  13. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    george Guest

    Don, I really appreciate your pictures of these places! They are real eye
    openers. If you ever get bored (or take
    requests), two that I'd really like to see are Olden Camera and Beach
    Camera. Olden has been around forever and
    used to advertise heavily in the 1970's and from what I can tell, they seem
    to still be around but not doing much
    advertising any more. I placed a couple of recent orders with Beach Camera
    (buydig.com) and they did well (IMHO)
    and seem to have great ratings on resellerratings.com, so I am a bit curious
    how their shopfront looks...just if you're
    bored <g>.

    Thanks again for all your pictures,
    George

    george, Jul 6, 2005
  14. Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

    Don Wiss Guest

    I once went to Olden more than 30 years ago. I hadn't thought about taking
    their picture, as I am not aware of them having a web presence. Do they
    even sell digital cameras? They are on the second floor, so I can get a
    picture of their sign. Though I don't know when I'll get into Manhattan to
    take a picture.

    Beach Camera is out in New Jersey. Way too far for a bike ride. And I don't
    own a car. A picture of them isn't going to happen. But they do have one on
    their web site. Go to: http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/visitshowroom.asp

    Don Wiss, Jul 6, 2005