    Invid Fan Guest

    So that's what they're calling every generation that came along before
    the internet? :)

    Invid Fan, Oct 17, 2003

  2. ANTant

    jayembee Guest

    I'm not sure whether you're being jocular or snide. FWIW,
    though:

    (a) I haven't eaten at a MacDonald's (or a Burger King
    or any of that ilk) in a *long* time.

    (b) I'm quite likely of an older generation than you are.

    (c) It has nothing to do with the speed of acquisition.
    It's about being comfortable with the habit of buying
    things in stores (as I've been doing for the last 45
    years or thereabouts), and preferring to pick them off
    the shelf, look them over, and make the decision whether
    to buy them now, or put them back for later purchase,
    or whatever, and possibly buy something else because
    it caught my eye rather than being previously in mind.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 18, 2003

  3. ANTant

    Erik Harris Guest

    A little of both. :)
    It's the mentality, not the eating habits.
    I never said otherwise. Older people can be as impatient as younger people.
    Fair enough, but I'm not sure if this is necessarily better. Instead of
    impatience, it's an issue of indecision and impressionability (impulse
    purchasing)?

    --
    Erik Harris [email protected]$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.

    Erik Harris, Oct 23, 2003