    Trend Micro or with the others I mentioned or is doing the updates
    manually
    good enough for the most part?

    stonej, Jan 3, 2010

  2. Manual updates can become annoying in the end. Free utilities
    allow automatic updates too.

    In Windows use this free antivirus:

    Avast: http://www.avast.com

    And this free firewall:

    PCTools Firewall: http://www.pctools.com/firewall/

    They both have automatic updates and I think they do a job
    as good as any other paid for utility. For those in need
    of every 5 minutes updates they can also upgrade those tools
    to paid for software, but I think it is an overkill for the
    average user.

    Frank Merlott, Jan 3, 2010