    Trend Micro or with the others I mentioned or is doing the updates
    manually
    good enough for the most part?

    stonej, Jan 3, 2010

  2. On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:23:49 +0100, stonej <> wrote:

    > I just let my subscription to Trend Micro run out, I also have the
    > free versions of Advanced System Care and a-squared along with
    > Malwarebytes' anti-
    > malware along with the computer firewall turned on.
    >
    > My question is there any big advantage to having an automatic undate
    > version like Trend Micro or with the others I mentioned or is doing the
    > updates
    > manually good enough for the most part?

    Manual updates can become annoying in the end. Free utilities
    allow automatic updates too.

    In Windows use this free antivirus:

    Avast: http://www.avast.com

    And this free firewall:

    PCTools Firewall: http://www.pctools.com/firewall/

    They both have automatic updates and I think they do a job
    as good as any other paid for utility. For those in need
    of every 5 minutes updates they can also upgrade those tools
    to paid for software, but I think it is an overkill for the
    average user.

    --
    Privacylover: http://www.privacylover.com

    Frank Merlott, Jan 3, 2010