IRQ not configured - PCI problems - IBM T20 laptop; Win2000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006.

  1. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello --

    My machine contains a 3Com Mini PCI modem;/LAN card.

    After running PC Doctor I received an error on booting, something like
    "Resource conflict PCI"
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01

    In BIOS setup I saw that all 4 PCI devices had a value of IRQ11

    Not having noted what the settings were prior to running PC Doctor, I set
    INTA to AutoSelect and the other 3 to Disabled

    On booting, the error messages are as follows:
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    Bus: 00 Device: 02 Function: 01
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI network controller
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 00
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI
    Bus: 00 Device: 03 Function: 01
    ERROR
    Warning - IRQ not configured - PCI Serial bus controller
    Bus: 00 Device: 07 Function: 02

    It is obvious I don't know what I am doing.

    Can anyone tell me
    1 - how to find out what the correct settings should be
    2 - how and where to enter them

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Larry Mehl

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006

  2. L Mehl

    Budweiser Guest

    Another pc doctor fatality---if this person was a practitioner he/she
    would be barred.
    did the machine work ok before you tried to install the 3com card?

    remove the 3com card
    boot into the bios(del key?/f8?esc?) reset to defaults,save(f10?) exit
    and reboot.

    read the installation booklet--or trace the info here
    http://knowledgebase.3com.com/

    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006

  3. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Hello Budweiser --

    Thanks for responding.

    The machine worked after I installed the 3Com card. I ran PCDoctor after
    installing the card.

    I will remove the card and set BIOS defaults as you suggest.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006
  4. L Mehl

    Budweiser Guest

    Do not forget to delete the pc doctor!!!! ---can you imagine seeing your
    local quack and all he gives you is a cure all pill.
    just my opinion tho---cure all progs should be called "lets f==k it
    right up "

    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006
  5. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Budweiser --

    Remving the 3Com card and resetting BIOS defaults got the machine working
    again.

    Next step is to reinstall the 3Com card.

    I should have researched PCDoctor before using it. The IBM/Lenovo site
    recommended it.

    Thanks again.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006
  6. L Mehl

    L Mehl Guest

    Budweiser --

    Thanks for reminding me. The files are now gone.

    It certainly did f**k things up. Is this widely known and posted on the
    web, or are you one of the few lucky ones who experienced it first hand.

    Larry

    L Mehl, Jan 21, 2006