    * Disconnected ().
    * Looking up irc.freenode.net
    * Connecting to irc.freenode.net (32.1.25.240) port 8001...

    Ara, Feb 15, 2012

  2. Ara

    Enkidu Guest

    Both work for me. The message implies that the DNS lookup has happened
    OK, but the connection attempt has failed. Usually this message
    indicates a local problem. Can you connect to any websites?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Feb 15, 2012

  3. Ara

    Ara Guest

    Have just installed Konversation and tried that.
    Worked first time.

    Must be an Xchat problem at this end.

    Thanks anyway. You were right - connection but no IRC.

    Ara, Feb 15, 2012