IPv6 source routing, how to, it doesn't work IMO

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'm looking for advice about how to implement a source based policy routing
    on a cisco2600 router, which has the IOS 12.2(15)T8.

    I define "ip policy route-map source_routing_tag" on
    the fastethernet 0/1

    Then I add the following route-map:

    route-map source_routing_tag permit 10
    set ipv6 next-hop 2001:800:40:2471::4

    I've deleted the "match" clause to allow all pachets to get into
    this route-map.

    When I start to send packets through the router, the
    "show route-map" counters are not incremented. I've added IPv4
    addresses to both the router interface and the host, and I've checked
    that with IPv4 those counters are properly incremented.

    I don't have TAC support and I've been digging through the CISCO
    web without success. My questions are:

    Can this be made on IPv6 ? If not, what IOS should I use ?
    if is not possible in any IOS, when it will be possible to do it ?

    If you need more data, I will be delighted to send it to you.

    Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

    Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella, Oct 15, 2003

    IPv6 Policy Routing is not yet available in official IOS images.

    --
    Christophe Fillot () | Universite de Technologie de Compiegne
    Tel: (+33) 03.44.23.79.02 | Service Informatique - Equipe Reseaux

    Christophe Fillot, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Christophe Fillot wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
    >
    > IPv6 Policy Routing is not yet available in official IOS images.
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for advice about how to implement a source based policy
    >> routing on a cisco2600 router, which has the IOS 12.2(15)T8.
    >>
    >> I define "ip policy route-map source_routing_tag" on
    >> the fastethernet 0/1
    >>
    >> Then I add the following route-map:
    >>
    >> route-map source_routing_tag permit 10
    >> set ipv6 next-hop 2001:800:40:2471::4
    >>
    >> I've deleted the "match" clause to allow all pachets to get into
    >> this route-map.
    >>
    >> When I start to send packets through the router, the
    >> "show route-map" counters are not incremented. I've added IPv4
    >> addresses to both the router interface and the host, and I've checked
    >> that with IPv4 those counters are properly incremented.
    >>
    >> I don't have TAC support and I've been digging through the CISCO
    >> web without success. My questions are:
    >>
    >> Can this be made on IPv6 ? If not, what IOS should I use ?
    >> if is not possible in any IOS, when it will be possible to do it ?
    >>
    >> If you need more data, I will be delighted to send it to you.
    >>
    >> Thank you very much, any help is greatly appreciated.

    Oh, I thought that as you can define IPv6 ACLS inside a route-map
    entry, and later attach that route-map to an interface
    using the "ip policy route-map" command, it was already supported.

    Do you know if from good sources ? I really need to know if
    this is possible but I can not talk with the CISCO TAC support
    and I dunno who else to ask.

    Thank you very much for your answer!

    Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella, Oct 15, 2003