IPSec tunnel works to one concentrator, not another

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by srp336, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. srp336

    srp336 Guest

    I'm trying to get a user in another city to connect to one of our 3005
    concentrators using IPSec/TCP (we've also tried IPSec/UDP) and the
    Cisco VPN client 4.0.1. So far, we can't seem to get past a certain
    point. Where I think it's trying to ask for a username and password
    (after checking the certificate), I get this in the logs:

    Xauth required but selected Proposal does not support xauth,
    Check priorities of ike xauth proposals in ike proposal list

    and the client eventually gives up.

    If, as an experiment, I get him to try connecting to our other 3005,
    which should be very similar in configuration, he connects fine.

    I've compared the two configs and I don't see any differences in the
    IPSec stuff. What should I do to get this problem fixed?

    Thanks!

    srp336, Mar 23, 2005