    :)
    thanks in advance
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, May 30, 2006

  2. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60971

    Your machines specs are not adequate for the iPod.

    GreenieLeBrun, May 30, 2006

  3. Steve & Chris Clark

    SUMMONER Guest

    iTunes (the software used to load music onto the iPod) doesn't support
    Windows 98, hence it will not work out of the box.

    But if you really want one, check out the below page to read about 3rd
    party software that will make an iPod work under Windows 98 via USB cable.

    http://www.98-drivers.com/ipod.html

    Hope this helps

    Kind Regards

    Malte

    SUMMONER, May 30, 2006
  4. Steve & Chris Clark

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Almost every mp3 player *except* the Ipod is supported on Windows98.

    fred-bloggs, May 30, 2006
  5. Fred:
    What would you recommend as the best quality sound for an mp3 player?
    anyone else? I had an irock but it's a bit out dated now. No sound
    quality compared to an iPod.
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, May 31, 2006
  6. I'm going to check this out for sure.
    Thanks Malte.
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, May 31, 2006
  7. Steve & Chris Clark

    SUMMONER Guest

    Well, I have a Sony NW-A608 2GB USB stick. It's tiny, looks really slick
    and works a treat. Battery life is excellent too. Works with std. MP3
    and Atrack files.

    You can either use Sony's Sonic Stage (similar to iTunes) to sync it, or
    a little application called "Sony MP3 File Manager". The File Manager
    sits after it's installation on the player itself and lets you easily
    copy MP3 files from any computer that you connect the player to.

    I think that this model has been discontinued now, but it is never the
    less a great player.
    Only negatives I can think of is that it only supports USB 1.0 transfer
    speeds (takes nearly an hour to fill it up completely).

    The player should work with anything from Windows 98SE upwards.

    http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=1071

    Kind Regards

    Malte

    SUMMONER, May 31, 2006
  8. Steve & Chris Clark

    daniel.ttung Guest

    I don't know which country you are.
    But what I bought is just a great looking box !!
    The software included "connect player" is no more that shit. always
    sync. wrongly, can't sync....
    it show the files are uploaded to the player but it didn't.
    when putting lots files (more than 10), it will handed, after I
    unpluged the player
    the database lost....

    You are SO lucky that your player can use "Sony MP3 File Manager".
    I know it is so great, but the player LOCKED all mp3s uploaded by this
    program....
    horriable !! how can sony so such fxxking things to me....

    SUMMONER 寫é“:

    daniel.ttung, Jun 8, 2006
  10. Steve & Chris Clark

    SUMMONER Guest

    Hi

    I am in the UK.

    I never even looked at the included CD. Went straight to the website and
    got myself the latest firmware/software from there.

    You can download Sonic Stage from here:
    http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowArticle.action?article=1138634683612&site=odw_en_GB

    I have never had the need to retrieve songs from the player and see no
    reason that I should ever have a need for that feature.
    I do think it is a shame so, that Sony feels the need to police
    customers towards what they can do with the player.

    Having had the player for several month now I think it was money well
    spent, certainly don't regret not getting a iPod Nano.

    Kind Regards

    Malte

    SUMMONER, Jun 8, 2006