iPhoto does not recognize the Canon D20

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. I have both iphoto 4 and 5 but neither program can recognize my new Canon D20. The Canon Digital Rebel is recognized. Is there a driver fix for this problem? Canon's web site does not address this problem.

    Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com

    Guest Guest

    nearly all cameras will work fine, and the canon 20d is also one of the
    cameras from which iphoto 5 will support raw files.

    you have some other issue going on. what happens if you put the card in
    a card reader?

    Guest, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Use Image Capture.
    Or a card reader.

    John McWilliams, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com

    jfitz Guest

    Why would you expect the Canon web site to address iphoto's programming
    issues?

    jfitz, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com

    PhotoMan Guest

    D20.

    Canon itself wouldn't recognize a D20.

    PhotoMan, Jan 25, 2005
  6. I've got iPhoto '05 and it can the RAW files from my 10D and 20D,
    although I use a card reader instead of the USB cable.

    As far as how well it actually supports RAW, that's another matter (it
    seems to be a direct conversion w/o antialiasing, so you see the full
    glory of bayer sensor matrix color mosaicing---uugh!).

    Richard Kaszeta, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com

    C Wright Guest

    If you are talking about recognizing the camera itself, I believe that Apple
    builds those modules into operating system updates. However, if you use a
    card reader, which most people seem to do, iPhoto 5 will certainly recognize
    your images - including raws from the 20D.

    C Wright, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Thank you for your input. I will go out and purchase a compact flash card reader.

    Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com, Jan 25, 2005
  9. Braden Stauts via PhotoKB.com

    matsw Guest

    there is a menu entry on the 20D called "Communication", which has two
    settings, Normal and PTP. One of them works with iPhoto and the other
    does not (sorry, I don't remember which, but just try to change the
    setting and see what happens).

    matsw, Jan 25, 2005