    the software hack on it, will this void the warranty?

    Sorry if this is bit OT, but I don't know where else to ask the question.

    Joe.

    Joe, Sep 17, 2007

  2. Joe

    Evan Platt Guest

    Depends on the warranty. Some cover the original purchaser only.

    Likely yes.

    Evan Platt, Sep 17, 2007

  3. Joe

    JANA Guest

    You should find out from the iPhone support. Also, find out if your phone
    service provider can activate the phone. Some phones that are made for the
    US and Canadian market can only be activated by particular phone service
    providers. They are given proprietary codes to allow activation. You don't
    want to find out the hard way.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    A friend offered me an iPhone, but it's from the US and I live in the UK. I
    need to give him a quick reply but thought I'd ask you guys a question first
    as I don't know the answer.

    If I need a repair on a US iphone, can I still get it done? I'd need to run

    JANA, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Joe

    Allan Girvan Guest

    Here's some info on Apple's UK marketing plans...

    (Which is a pity - I'm tied to Vodafone and I quite fancied an iPhone!
    :-( )

    If you can persuade your local O2 shop to sell you a SIM on its own (do
    iPhones use SIMs?) then you may be lucky. Otherwise, that iPhone will
    be useless in this country so any question about warranties or repairs
    is academic.

    Cheers,

    Allan.

    Allan Girvan, Sep 19, 2007