    that said it tried to execute a command on something that is not a socket, or
    something along those lines. I was directed to Microsoft help which in turn
    brushed me off. Desperate for help!! Any assisstance???

    Guest, Sep 25, 2007

  2. We do need to know the exact error message. Or check this troubleshooting.

    Troubleshooting ipconfigTroubleshooting Ipconfig. An error occurred while
    renewing interface Can ping ip but not name Can ping IP but not hostname
    after installed/upgraded software ...
    www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingipconfig.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Sep 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    Lem Guest

    see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817571/en-us

    (if either of the computers does not have a floppy, use a USB thumb drive)

    Lem, Sep 25, 2007