    What do they do/check ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Martik Guest

    Start->Run->command Now you are in a Dos shell

    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

    This will 'reset' your connection and may fix the problem.

    Martik, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Dan Shea Guest

    Hi Robert,

    You bring up a command prompt, by going Start -> Run, and typing in
    "command" (without the quotes).

    ipconfig /all works on NT-based computers (Win2K, XP Pro)

    winipcfg is the equivalent command for 95/98/ME computers, and has a
    GUI instead of the plain old command prompt.

    Each will tell you information about your TCP/IP settings. Neither
    will *fix* anything -- they just give you information.

    What might fix something is releasing and renewing your IP address.
    That's either "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew", or "winipcfg"
    and then click the release and renew buttons.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 5, 2004