  1. What is the website address where you can enter someone's IP address and it
    gives you their entire information regarding location, organization etc?

    Thanks.

    What's In A Name?, Nov 2, 2003

  2. What's In A Name?

    george Guest

    george, Nov 2, 2003

  3. What's In A Name?

    Harrison Guest

  4. OK, I thought the site was called "WhoIs" or something like that.

    What's In A Name?, Nov 2, 2003
  5. What's In A Name?

    Richard Guest

    That's technically what the function is called. Many sites do this.
    None will give you the person's personal account information.
    Generally what you get is who owns the block of IP's.
    If a domain you know is at 66.66.66.66, then you'd not be given the domain
    information, but rather who is assigned to control that block, which may
    range from 66.0.0.0 to 66.255.255.255.
    Within that block could be thousands of domains.

    Richard, Nov 2, 2003
  6. http://www.allwhois.com/

    Steven Pilbeam, Nov 2, 2003
  7. What's In A Name?

    nemo Guest

    nemo, Nov 2, 2003
  8. What's In A Name?

    Petit Alexi Guest

    whois is a tool. You can get programs to do whois lookups, or you can get
    similar information from websites.

    You might see people using 'dig', which is 'better'.

    Petit Alexi, Nov 3, 2003
  9. What's In A Name?

    Travis Guest

    The website that you can visit to find out IP information is www.arin.net .

    Travis, Jan 22, 2004
  10. What's In A Name?

    pondus

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    use nslookup command in cmd.exe for resolving DNS/IP
    and use geopiptool.com for map lookups

    pondus, Mar 2, 2013