ip nat port forwarding

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mikester, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. mikester

    mikester Guest

    Is anyone having the trouble I've had recently with newer IOS versions
    (post 12.1) and port forwarding with a static nat entry?

    for example;

    Forwarding VNC to the inside PC from the outside public address.

    ip nat inside source static tcp <inside ip> 5800 <outside ip> 5800
    extendible

    OR

    ip nat inside source static tcp <inside ip> 5800 interface eth0

    I used to use this about a year ago with success using a 12.0 flavor
    of code. I stopped using it though because I had no need. Recently
    having a need I Went to do it again running 12.3 on my 1605R and it
    simply didn't work for no apparent reason.

    Anyone else seeing this? Unfortunately I do not have the access to
    Cisco's software I had in the past so I can't just download another
    version of code to try it out. Bummer eh?

    mikester, Oct 31, 2003