    FE - Inside/Lan
    E - Outside/Internet

    Can I apply inspect rules to the inside and outside interfaces?

    Taff, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Taff

    PES Guest

    Yes, but with only two interfaces, you can apply it in only one place.
    However, if you are desiring to create temporary entries in acls in to
    directions you will need to inspect bidirectionally on one interface or
    the same direction on both interfaces. Whit your example, you could
    actually apply up to 4 inspects, but would likely be unnecessary. Nat
    really doesn't have much to do with it, but the exclusion of it allows
    you to not worry about the order of operations when creating your permit
    acl.

    PES, Jan 14, 2005