Ip Header Checksum Error

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by devigee, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. devigee

    devigee Guest

    We have created a socket program (using winsock control) in Visual
    Basic under windows 2000 platform . And using this application we are
    transfering data from a PC to our custom Board through 1000 base T
    Fibre Optic Ethernet card...

    While transferiing data from Pc to the Board .. we are getting IP
    Header Checksum Error

    Ethernet II:
    Header checksum 0X0000: [incorrect,should be 0Xf2a0]

    What is the cause of this error.. does any changes need to be made in
    the VB application to clear this error.. or any compatiblity problem

    can any one help me to sort out this problem?

    devi

    devigee, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Which component in this configuration was made by Cisco?

    What is reporting this problem? If you are sniffing traffic on the
    same system that is producing the traffic, then you might be
    encountering a common issue: if the IP driver has been set to
    offload checksum calculations to the ethernet card, then packets that
    gets sniffed before being submitted to the cards will not have had
    their checksum updated yet.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 19, 2006

  3. devigee

    no1

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey I know this is a bit of an ancient thread but I noticed a similar problem to this I was having (well not really a problem but it was confusing me for a while) with an onboard ASUS Atheros NIC.

    Whenever capturing with WinPcap/Wireshark and I had task offload set to yes in my NIC driver advanced options it would always make Wireshark report that every sent TCP packet from this machine had an incorrect header checksum (0x0000). Switching task offload off seemed to make it use the correct checksum.

    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    no1, Oct 2, 2009