    eric rees Guest

    I am looking for a good IP database to help me keep track of IP address that
    I have used in our network. I am getting tired of using a spreedsheet.

    eric rees, Jul 21, 2003

  2. eric rees

    fugi Guest

    I wrote a program that pulls from a mysql database that has the
    IPs, MACs, networks, etc and writes a dhcpd.conf. writing a frontend
    to it would be trivial for web interface to change records etc.
    and collecting the info is pretty simple with nmap -sP then an arp
    -an and a sort and cut command. There are lots of network management
    programs that include ip management etc. let me know if you want
    me to port my dhcpd.conf maker to a web IP management system. I
    can add support to pull from the arp table on a cisco with Net::SNMP
    or Net::Telnet::Cisco.

    fugi, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Francisco Rivas, Jul 21, 2003
  4. eric rees