IP addressing problem!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by olanasta, Jun 2, 2012.

  1. olanasta

    olanasta

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all! This is my first post so be patient with me!
    I have to design a network given IPs 146.124.0.0/16 and 146.124.10.0/24. My given requirements are : at least 60 more subnets (total 63) and maximum 1000 hosts per subnet and use of RIP.
    I have 3 routers (RA1, RA2, RA3) and 3 subnets (Sales, Logistic and Deposit). Given that I need 60 subs and 1000 hosts per sub, I used 146.124.0.0/16 for my subs. IP 146.124.10.0/24 cannot give me these requirements cause it has only 8 bits for subnet id and host id. So, I used this IP for my WANs, split it in subnets, and used one for each WAN.
    So I have :

    WAN 1 : 146.124.10.0
    WAN 2 : 146.124.10.4
    WAN 3 : 146.124.10.8

    and

    LAN 1 : 146.124.212.0
    LAN 2 : 146.124.216.0

    LAN 3 : 146.124.220.0.

    My problem is that RIP doesn't work. I am sure that the problem is on addressing. I tried the exact same problem with different IPs and it works fine!

    Can someone help me???

    pleaseeeeeee..........

    olanasta, Jun 2, 2012