IP addresses changhe after every reboot

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hi..
    i have a small lan with

    2 desktop pc's
    ( a. cpu p4 2.8Gh
    ram 1Gb
    hd 120 Gb
    lan card 3com wifi
    os win xp pro sp2

    b. cpu p3 750 Mh
    ram 256Mb
    hd 20 Gb
    lan card 3com wifi
    os win xp pro sp1
    )

    and a laptop 3.2 Gh
    ram 512Mb
    hd 80 Gb
    lan card wifi
    os win xp pro sp1

    my access point is 3com

    all the hardware part works perfect

    i use ip address 10.0.0.1 -2 -3
    and submask 255.255.255.0
    at the tcp/ip protocol

    the signal of the lan is "perfect"

    when i "write" the ip addresses the wifi lan works perfect

    but when i rebbot the ip addresses return in automaticaly mode and my ip
    adresses are disable..

    can i do smth to use the ip that i want

    thnks... for reading

    Guest, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Mark Gamache Guest

    Many APs allow for address reservations. You would need to check your
    documentation. The reservation holds the IP for a specific machine based on
    the MAC address.

    Cheers,

    Mark Gamache, Jan 27, 2005