    PDC. I'm wondering if its connected to this.

    Theres nothing in device manager for this network adaptor. How do I
    clear out any old stuff that is possibly causing confusion here?

    BertieBigBollox, Jan 13, 2010

  2. BertieBigBollox

    pimpom Guest

    I'd like to know about this too because I encountered a similar
    problem some time ago. In my case, it was only a minor annoyance
    as it's a simple P2P home network, and I solved the problem
    simply by assigning a different IP address.

    I installed a 10/100 mbps card in addition to the onboard one and
    assigned a static IP address, but the computer remembered that
    address even after I'd physically removed the card and wouldn't
    let me use it for the onboard unit.

    It may come in handy in the future to know how to free up the
    previous IP address. Edit registry? Can't try that now as I
    reinstalled my OS some time ago.

    pimpom, Jan 13, 2010

  3. BertieBigBollox

    pimpom Guest

    Ah, thought so. Thanks for the confirmation.

    pimpom, Jan 13, 2010