    they have the SAME IP
    why is that? cause i'm having trouble serving an ftp and wasn't sure if
    this might be some of the problem

    Guest, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Because it is showing you the ip address of your router, not of the
    individual machines.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 13, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    if i set up a ftp server which ip should someone try to connect to?
    thanks,
    brad

    Guest, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Your external ip address, so the one that your seeing from that website, if
    you are running a DSL router you will have to make sure you have port 20 and
    port 21 forwarded to the machine that your running your ftp server on.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 13, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    mark,

    the best way to do?
    login to my modem and change in their if possible? or 3rd party applicatioN?

    thanks again,
    brad

    Guest, Jun 13, 2004
  6. Sorry, I don't understand the question.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 13, 2004
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ok, i logged into my dsl modem and forwarded port 21 to my ip address of
    10.0.0.3 i hope that's the right ip for my computer

    Guest, Jun 13, 2004
  8. Guest

    Steve Guest

    Tell us about your network
    Do you have a firewall or Linksys?
    If so you need to go a Command/DOS window and
    type "IPCONFIG" or "WINIPCFG" and get your NAT'ed ip and
    port forward to your FTP server from the firewall
    They would connect to your public ip (that is the ip you
    see at whatismyip.com)

    Steve, Jun 14, 2004
  9. Guest

    Brad Guest

    ok, line in to dsl modem then to a cheap 4 port net gear hub

    ok, the ip I see is my public ip of my dsl modem/router
    then i am assigned PRIVATE ip's within my network right? my moms is
    10.0.0.8 and my computer is 10.0.0.3
    then my gateway is 10.0.0.2

    but why is it to log into my modem i use my moms 10.0.0.3 address in
    internet explorer?

    now, to use remote desktop, ftp i must have the ports forwarded to the
    private ip's of the computer i would wish to use these programs right?

    sorry about my wording, it's tough for a newbie lol
    but the hub is dumb

    Brad, Jun 16, 2004
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What is your IP Address?

    Guest, Jun 23, 2004
  11. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    What is your IQ?

    TechGeekPro, Jun 23, 2004
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Steps to troubleshooting:

    1) What is your IP Address
    2) Leave your PCs on and do not disturb
    3) Come back tomorrow
    4) PC will be ready

    Guest, Jun 23, 2004
  13. Guest

    Rob Guest

    Hello, The reason you get the same address on both pc's
    is because you have a hub. A hub is a dummy device, you
    will need to get a router or a switch to correct your
    problem.

    Rob, Jun 29, 2004