IOS dhcp and polycom 501 phone

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lfnetworking, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. lfnetworking

    lfnetworking Guest

    Anyone familiar with any issues with this setup?

    We're having intermittent success with these phones successfully
    completing the dhcp process. The router shows the addresses as bound
    but, the phone never reboots/initializes with the address and the
    address is unpingable.

    Also seeing conflicts immediately after pool clearing or router reboot
    1721#sh ip dhcp conflict
    IP address Detection method Detection time VRF
    x.x.x.211 Gratuitous ARP Apr 06 2002 07:41 AM
    x.s.x.213 Gratuitous ARP Apr 06 2002 07:41 AM
    x.x.x.218 Ping Apr 06 2002 07:42 AM

    Alternatively, all works well after some router reboots.

    Cisco IOS Software, C1700 Software (C1700-ENTBASEK9-M), Version
    12.4(5a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)
    System image file is "flash:c1700-entbasek9-mz.124-5a.bin

    IOS bug/setting?
    Polycom bug/setting?

    Thanks

    lfnetworking, Nov 1, 2006