    considering a change, and would like any opinions on the best thing going
    for the Computer Service business (short of a custom application). Thanks in
    advance!

    techshare, Sep 29, 2003

  2. techshare

    Guest Guest

    I'm using an Access applet that I downloaded from MS Office website.
    I altered it a little and it works good, for a good price.

    Guest, Sep 30, 2003

  3. techshare

    Jerry Guest

    I use my invoices it is easy to use and you can customize it.

    Jerry, Sep 30, 2003
  4. techshare

    Chesucat Guest

    techshare wrote:
    t>What's everyone using for their invoicing and customer database? I'm
    t>considering a change, and would like any opinions on the best thing going
    t>for the Computer Service business (short of a custom application). Thanks in
    t>advance!

    I use an invoice pads from Office Depot and a pen. My customer database is an index
    cards in a small box, but I am thinking about converting that to a flat-files on a
    command-line system. I am thinking Perl might be able to do the job?

    chesucat

    Chesucat, Sep 30, 2003
  5. techshare

    techshare Guest

    OK, and you are in the computer service business in 2003?

    techshare, Sep 30, 2003
  6. techshare

    Chesucat Guest

    I don't trust computers! Much less anything 'gui', in this day and age.
    I like and support old computers, keep 'em out of the landfill is my
    motto! And interesting sidenote, I have an A+ book from 1996, when they
    still had the Mac part of the certification. All the gawddamn,
    whippersnapper kids, they don't even carry around a Multi-meter or
    breakout boxes! Resistor?! What the hell is that, they say! I don't
    like one bit!;-}

    chesucat

    Chesucat, Sep 30, 2003
  7. techshare

    techshare Guest

    Multi-meter? Yeeaaah, we use those for testing analog circuits, resistance,
    etc. WTF are you talking about?!

    What does something being "GUI" have to do with it? I see you hail from a
    public access Unix system. What about X?

    Knuckleheads - Still the biggest problem with the computer and "programming"
    industry. <SIGH>

    techshare, Sep 30, 2003
  8. techshare

    jonny bravo Guest

    Assholes, still the problem with newsgroups and the world in general, have a
    nice
    day.....PPPHHHTTTTT!!!!!!!

    jonny bravo, Sep 30, 2003
  9. techshare

    Chesucat Guest

    techshare wrote:
    t>Multi-meter? Yeeaaah, we use those for testing analog circuits, resistance,
    t>etc. WTF are you talking about?!

    You know what I'm talkin' about! Multimeters are not exclusively used for analog
    circuits. But, it's good that you know how to use one!

    t>What does something being "GUI" have to do with it? I see you hail from a
    t>public access Unix system. What about X?

    I can't run X on dial-up!

    t>Knuckle-heads - Still the biggest problem with the computer and "programming"
    t>industry. <SIGH>

    You have to be more patient with people. Users will always do something stupid with
    computers and electronics in general. And, programmers will always put bugs into their
    softwares! Get Over It!;-)

    Chesucat, Sep 30, 2003
  10. techshare

    techshare Guest

    You made some stupid unprovoked attack at me before (which I smoothly
    ignored). So, regarding that and this tripe :

    1) Thanks for agreeing with me about OEM products, and basically typing
    everything I had written in several posts into one post. You are good with
    the cut and paste. "Bravo!" ;)

    2) Let me act like you for a minute and cut/paste something that I want to
    repeat. Knuckleheads - Still the biggest problem with the computer and
    "programming"
    industry. <SIGH>

    3) F U

    :)

    PS. I wonder if you are just Imhotech , or one of his "pals".

    techshare, Oct 1, 2003
  11. techshare

    jonny bravo Guest

    1) I have no idea who imhotech is ..dont care either... I don't need pals...
    I don't fight crusades on usenet....

    2) Not that it matters but I have been watching this NG for years

    3) You have consistently flamed or stomped on individuals here, believing
    you are
    the utmost authority on any given subject...

    4) I have watched you straight out flame Ghost (who along with Tom McIntyre
    have given
    there time and advice to countless people for quite some time)

    I couldn't truly give a rats ass about your qualifications or your
    experience... but seeing as this is
    basically a newbee NG your attitude comes of like a big smoking pile O'
    shit...
    As far as I know this isn't a contest... What you got from me was the booby
    prixe for being an asshole...

    SIGH... WHATEVER..........................................

    I am glad you can show off your expertise... maybe you'll become mature
    enough one day to
    make it all worthwhile....

    jonny bravo, Oct 3, 2003
  12. Umm look at the bottom of the post, he has a signature of:

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 3, 2003
  13. <whispers to John>
    I did the same thing till I found the original message and read the whole
    thing.

    Being techs and developers we sometime over engineer ourselves out of brain
    cells.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Oct 4, 2003
  14. It might be time to start...we've been doing a little bit of that...
    Me too...
    No comment...not enough time here lately to either agree or
    disagree....I do agree that there is a battle, of some description,
    going on here...sheesh!

    Likely a misunderstanding.....

    J...read ahead...let's figure this out...it'll taek some days.

    Ghost (other than Mike himself) is probably one of the best
    authorities you can refer to here (correct me if I am wrong, and ...I
    am sort of a "cautious aunt/uncle"...sort of guy...if I forget a name
    here and there...

    My advice is just don't stomp on ANYBODY!!!!!

    Sorry for the yelling, but...imho....tech...try to find a common
    ground...please...you have no idea how many times we couldn't come up
    with a compromise...work together!!!!!

    If I have singled you out, and you feel it is unfair, just look
    back...I supported who I wanted to based on a lot of factors that you
    will soon also see. My e-mail is addressable to everyone to whom I
    respond to...has been for years...mistake that it is, it has also been
    the way that I got to be in contact with people who changed my
    life...and mine ...theirs.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 4, 2003
  15. techshare

    Chesucat Guest

    C. Philip Cutler II wrote:
    CPCI><whispers to John>
    CPCI>I did the same thing till I found the original message and read the whole
    CPCI>thing.
    CPCI>

    I guess Google Groups is the only new-server that recognizes the 'X-No-Archive'
    attributes, since you found my original reply??! Oh Well, no biggie!;-)

    chesucat

    Chesucat, Oct 4, 2003
  16. techshare

    techshare Guest

    For not knowing him... you sure emulate your "buddy" Imhotech. He also can't
    handle quoting an ENTIRE message in the response. You babble on and on ...
    calling me silly names ... and NEVER responding to the main points of my
    replies (which you carefully leave out .. as if they don't exist in the

    You provided little if any new information in your reply about OEM products.
    However, you felt the need to call me a "tard". What kind of a loser reply
    is that? Well it's a lot like the reply you sent below. Worthless.

    As far as Ghost or other users ... why are you bringing them into this?
    Also, WTF is Tom McIntyre?! I KNOW I haven't replied to this guy about
    anything. Also, regarding Ghost ... if he comes on here again and makes some
    asinine and insulting comment about lack of qualified IT people ... then
    I'll flame him again (if I have the time) ... Other people should also flame
    posts like that. If he dared to post that in alt.computer.consultants ...
    he'd be flamed big time. He knows what he's doing, and he knows why I flamed
    him ... or at least he should!

    Take your "booby" prizes back to Imhotech!

    techshare, Oct 4, 2003
  17. techshare

    Pat Guest

    You were yourself attacking someone for an obviously sarcastic message. I'm
    not sure why he chose to respond, but the indignation isn't warranted.

    Pat, Oct 8, 2003