    problem but when it gets to installing Word it asks for the product key, but
    when i enter the product key it tells me that it is invalid which is
    definitely wrong. Where should I start to fix this problem?

    Guest, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Lin;
    Verify you are using the correct Product Key.
    There are different keys for different programs and the keys are not
    interchangeable.

    A common mistake is to use the Product Key on the side of the computer for
    something other than Windows.
    Another common mistake is to borrow a CD and use your own Product Key.
    Often these are not compatible.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am using the only product key they gave me with this computer and this disk
    when I originally installed MS word, I used this product key.

    Guest, Jan 25, 2005
  4. If that key worked with that CD before it will work now.
    Look closely, B-8, S-5, O-0 and others look alike.
    Have someone else try, sometimes another set of eyes and fingers can get it.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    ProfArronax

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    When you say that you're using the only key they gave you with the computer and "this disk", are you referring to the Windows install disk? Where are you installing Microsoft Word from? A MS Office suite install CDRom? Or some restore disk that came with your computer?

    ProfArronax, Jan 28, 2010