" Invalid Disk Table in Boot Record - Boot Record could not be repaired "

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by reply, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. reply

    reply Guest

    I suddenly lost all my files on one partition of +500MB where I had several
    directories. There are now 6 files left and no directories, the label has gone.

    I tried to repair with Norton Disk Doctor and Fix-It utilties both both are
    unable to repair the boot-record (the FAT)

    Anyone has another suggestion to retrieve the fiels and directories?

    Thanks in advance !

    BTW Is here a way to backup the boot-record automatically to another drive?

    Volume in drive L is unlabeled Serial number is 68EE:457A
    Directory of L:\*

    9-16-1981 16:00 2,147,493,448 -

    9-24-1981 16:00 2,147,493,544 1

    10-01-1981 16:00 2,147,493,640 :

    10-11-1981 16:00 2,147,493,736 B

    10-17-1981 16:00 2,147,493,832 M

    9-12-1981 16:00 2,147,493,352 Q

    10-21-1981 16:00 2,147,493,928 R

    12-01-2003 0:31 0 x.txt

    15,032,455,480 bytes in 8 files and 0 dirs 15,032,457,216 bytes allocated
    84,992 bytes free

    reply, Nov 30, 2003

  2. reply

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Dec 1, 2003

  3. The first thing to do in data recovery is clone the drive to another drive.
    Never use tools on the original, it greatly reduces the chance of you
    recovering the data in the event that the tools don't work.

    btb

    Bruce T. Berger, Dec 1, 2003