    it' was failed.

    after rebooting the router i am getting "in valid boot magic number"

    can anyone help me to recover the router.

    kjsubbu, Mar 16, 2009

  2. kjsubbu

    bod43 Guest

    I think that this means that the image is corrupt.
    You can usually recover from the rommon with either
    a tftp boot, tftp download or an xmodem download.
    Not all of these may be avilable on your router.

    You can search the cisco site for more similar documents.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml
    Describes xmodem - this seems to be the best and most fully
    described. Maybe you should go for this one.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9e.shtml
    tftpdnld

    Your image may be corrupt. If you ftp copy an image you
    MUST use binary mode.

    bod43, Mar 16, 2009

  3. kjsubbu

    Configs.com

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know this thread is two years old, but I recently had this problem when I purchased a 7204 off eBay and was unable to find a solution via a web search. I'm posting the link to my solution for the "device does not contain a valid magic number" error since I'm sure I wasn't the only one looking for an answer to this question. I hope I helped someone :)

    http://www.configs.com/tech-tips/device-does-not-contain-a-valid-magic-number-error/

    Configs.com, Jul 1, 2011