    I followed the instructions from the Microsoft Knowledge Base 330184 but it
    still comes back with the same error.
    Derek.

    Derek F, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Derek F

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Derek F

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    I had downloaded this already and tried it without success.
    Derek.

    Derek F, Oct 29, 2003
  5. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    I had copied a new hal.dll version over without success. I had also run
    repair from the XP CD, that overwrote a lot of my settings and also deleted
    Service Pack 1and my broadband settings leaving me unable to set them up
    again. "Sys C:" writes Win ME data to disk and takes me to the C: prompt but
    does not let me start windows, I am in the s**t!
    Derek.

    Derek F, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Derek F

    Mara Guest

    Which version of Windows are you dealing with?

    <snipped sig>

    Mara, Oct 29, 2003
  7. Derek F

    Derek F Guest